• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump’s newest hire thinks science is like Nazi propaganda

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
Sigh......

President Donald Trump just appointed William Happer for the key job of “senior director for emerging technologies” at the National Security Council.

But Happer literally believes that more carbon pollution “would be a benefit” to humanity, as he wrote in a widely mocked 2013 Wall Street Journal op-ed headlined “In Defense of Carbon Dioxide.”

So much for finding someone who understands that perhaps the most crucial emerging technologies for the security of America and all of humanity involve reducing carbon pollution. Sadly this continues the trend of this administration ceding the biggest job creating sector of the next few decades — clean energy — to the Chinese and Europeans, who are betting tens of billions of dollars on it.

Happer, a Princeton theoretical physicist is one of the most extreme climate science deniers, and someone who directly compared the overwhelming scientific consensus that carbon dioxide causes global warming to Nazi “propaganda.”

“This is George Orwell. This is the ‘Germans are the master race. The Jews are the scum of the earth.’ It’s that kind of propaganda,” Happer told The Daily Princetonian in 2009. “Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. Every time you exhale, you exhale air that has 4 percent carbon dioxide. To say that that’s a pollutant just boggles my mind. What used to be science has turned into a cult.”

In 2014, he told CNBC, “The demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews.”

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-hir...mate-science-to-nazi-propaganda-1908950fb0f6/

Global warming and climate change isn't all bad. Me, I'm buying property up at Hudson's Bay to turn into a tropical beach resort that the Americans can come visit for vacation from the great desert.

Global warming and climate change isn't all bad. Me, I'm buying property up at Hudson's Bay to turn into a tropical beach resort that the Americans can come visit for vacation from the great desert.
Well... good luck getting a road built up to there.

- - - Updated - - -

In 2014, he told CNBC, “The demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews.”
*jaw drop*

I invite William Happer to vacation on planet Venus. Its atmosphere has all the CO2 that he could possibly want -- it is nearly all CO2. In fact, on the planet's surface, the density of CO2 is about a hundred times the density of our atmosphere on our planet's surface. It is also very hot, about 450 C, or 842 F.

In the clouds, the temperature and density are much more pleasant, but the clouds are, as far as we can tell, concentrated sulfuric acid. That's the acid part of battery acid.

Well... good luck getting a road built up to there.

Road? They're going to have to bring in the Jurassic Park crew just to deal with the mosquitoes. Those buggers are ginormous.

Back
Top Bottom