• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Plan To Slash Social Security And Medicare

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
https://www.alternet.org/2019/08/tr...next-hell-slash-social-security-and-medicare/

After exploding the federal budget deficit with over a trillion dollars in tax cuts for the rich and massive corporations, President Donald Trump is reportedly considering using his possible second term in the White House to slash Medicare and Social Security—the final part of a two-step plan progressives have been warning about since before the GOP tax bill passed Congress in 2017.
The New York Times reported this week that, with the budget deficit set to surpass $1 trillion in 2020 thanks in large part to Trump’s tax cuts and trade war, Republicans and right-wing groups are pressuring the president to take a sledgehammer to Social Security and Medicare, widely popular programs Trump vowed not to touch during his 2016 campaign.

Reason #67 to vote Trump out of office and every Republican we can defeat. Oh, yes, and Trump wants more big tax cuts.

I hope Mr Trump unveils his plans before the 2020 elections and the Republican Senate votes to approve it. That will seal the demise of the GOP.

I hope Mr Trump unveils his plans before the 2020 elections and the Republican Senate votes to approve it. That will seal the demise of the GOP.

According to the Washington Post, Trump has already “instructed aides to prepare for sweeping budget cuts if he wins a second term in the White House.”

“Trump’s advisers say he will be better positioned to crack down on spending and shrink or eliminate certain agencies after next year, particularly if Republicans regain control of the House of Representatives,” the Postreported last month.

I strongly suspect calls for honesty and transparency on this issue will be a part of the campaign against Trump and the GOP.

Back
Top Bottom