• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Verizon worker's strike

This would probably play better in the political forum. I can predict that any discussion here will likely be from a political perspective anyway.

But I think it is funny as hell that one of the accusations from the strikers is that Verizon mgt. is "greedy" because they won't give them more... their wanting more is, of course, not greed.

This would probably play better in the political forum. I can predict that any discussion here will likely be from a political perspective anyway.

But I think it is funny as hell that one of the accusations from the strikers is that Verizon mgt. is "greedy" because they won't give them more... their wanting more is, of course, not greed.

Is it greed to not want to lose your job to outsourcing in another country when the company you work for is making huge profits? Is it greed to not want to lose the benefits you were promised when you were hired when the company you work for is making huge profits? Is it greed to want to keep the protections you already have against being layed off when the company you work for is making huge profits? Is it greed to not want to have to become a contract worker, with fewer protections, and a higher income tax rate when the company you work for is making huge profits?

If you answer "yes" to any of the above, then you have a very strange concept of what greed means.

Back
Top Bottom