• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Warning--Bitlocker sends your keys to the NSA

Yeah, I need to start a thread on practical security. I could use the feedback. I've got several people traveling with laptops and various devices. If one got stolen from a hotel it would not be good. I'm thinking about using YubiKey.
Ordinary thief will not be able to deal with BestCrypt or TrueCrypt at all.
As for the NSA, they probably already know everything.
Wikipedia says FBI was not able to read TrueCrypt volumes on few occasions, they must have pissed NSA somehow so they would not help :)

Yeah, I need to start a thread on practical security. I could use the feedback. I've got several people traveling with laptops and various devices. If one got stolen from a hotel it would not be good. I'm thinking about using YubiKey.
Wikipedia says FBI was not able to read TrueCrypt volumes on few occasions, they must have pissed NSA somehow so they would not help :)

I'm not so much worried about the thief as my guys actually using a strong pass phrase. I'd have to put a key on a USB drive...and that let to https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/yubikey-2/ and maybe integrate it with LastPass.

I'm not so much worried about the thief as my guys actually using a strong pass phrase. I'd have to put a key on a USB drive...and that let to https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/yubikey-2/ and maybe integrate it with LastPass.

I am not sure what are you worried about. Everything is protected already, no reason to worry it seems.

Back
Top Bottom