• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What is your favourite Bob Dylan album(s)?

Blood on the Tracks. Over the years that one has stayed strong even as I changed

But I left Dylan for Cohen years ago.

After posting off the top of my head on Dylan, a lot of songs & albums came back to me that have had so much meaning & contributed so much beauty to my life -- so here's a few more: I'll Keep it With Mine, Girl from the North Country, Boots of Spanish Leather, To Ramona, Absolutely Sweet Marie, John Wesley Harding (every track but especially I'll Be Your Baby Tonight; how has this not become an Opry staple?), On a Night Like This, Hazel, the Budo Khan takes of Just Like a Woman and Blowin' in the Wind. BTW, am I the only Dylan fan who wishes he would do an acoustic tour and re-explore the sound of an acoustic band? Imagine if he got some old friends aboard, like an unplugged Rolling Thunder?

For Blood on the Tracks fanboys there is a recording called 'The New York Sessions', which as far as I can tell is an alternate version of the album and is nicely done. Might be something to check out.

For Blood on the Tracks fanboys there is a recording called 'The New York Sessions', which as far as I can tell is an alternate version of the album and is nicely done. Might be something to check out.

Thanks, but I still prefer the original version.

I also heard the New York Sessions' version of "Comfortably numb" by Gilmour and I liked it (not comparing it)

Back
Top Bottom