• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic Christian & esoteric ecumenist

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

GCB Catholics are Christians.

How about Jews and Hindus? You think they don´t need admonishing with at least anetc,etc after the word Muslims in your post?

How about Jews and Hindus? You think they don´t need admonishing with at least anetc,etc after the word Muslims in your post?

Exactly. We just had the Prime Minister of Turkey - a 'moderate' Islamic nation tell women to "know their place".

Quite a few religions need dressing down about their ideas of women.

I opened with Religion's which is all inclusive and only highlighted Christians and Muslims later as they are 99% of those I deal with.

You are correct in pointing out that basically all religions, except for mine of course, discriminate without just cause.

Regards
DL

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Please.

Regards
DL

Eh, I've tried. Many don't want to be free. My mom and aunt are both devoutly religious and I tell them their religion is complete bullshit, that it insults and degrades women and that they should leave it immediately. They start to cry and insist they will not turn their backs on Christianity.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Please.

Regards
DL

Eh, I've tried. Many don't want to be free. My mom and aunt are both devoutly religious and I tell them their religion is complete bullshit, that it insults and degrades women and that they should leave it immediately. They start to cry and insist they will not turn their backs on Christianity.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I hear you. I also hear that the tipping point where non-believers catch up to and pass believers is well on its way.

As a Gnostic Christian I do not particularly like that fact but if religions cannot do as well as ours from a moral standpoint then we should all be trying to kill them.

The majority on my side is not worthy. Your minority is.

Regards
DL

I opened with Religion's which is all inclusive and only highlighted Christians and Muslims later as they are 99% of those I deal with.

You are correct in pointing out that basically all religions, except for mine of course, discriminate without just cause.

Regards
DL

Give it time.

Regards
DL

Give it time.

Universalists do not have that luxury. We have to deal with life in a moral way and that is equality as a minimum of our duty to family.

Regards
DL

... the tipping point where non-believers catch up to and pass believers is well on its way.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?
"catch up to and pass"?
By all rational metrics I can think of, the non-believers have far surpassed the believer in Education (the average educational level of the atheist is higher than the religionist), Finance (the average houshold income is higher for Atheists than religionists), The "happiest" nations (those that self-report a high level of satisfaction in their life) are the most secular nations (in Northern Europe, mostly). Atheists exist at a higher moral ground (Atheists do what is "right" for the sake of their fellow man, whereas religionists do it to score "jesus points" or to "avoid hell / get into heaven"). Historically, the most autrocious acts of evil have been performed in the name of god...

So, what the heck are you talking about?

No, like the entire dark ages / inquisition, Hitler (I can just stop there, as this represents several millions alone).. but I will continue anyway:

The Thuggie sect.. killed millions in India in the 1500s
The Salem witch hunts
Roman mass slaughtering of Christians
Human sacrafice (does that count?), centruies of it.. Aztec for example
12 centuries of Jhihad

are you fucking kidding me?

Back
Top Bottom