• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Women, Trump And Rape

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Errr, uhmmm, yeah....

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/poll-trump-women-words-rapist.html

What’s the first word that comes to mind when you think of President Donald Trump and women? Pollsters from PerryUndem and Supermajority, a new women’s activism nonprofit, asked 1,912 likely 2020 voters to try this free-association exercise. And wouldn’t you know it—a plurality of respondents said rapist.
I’m no communications professional, but to me, these results seem to identify a serious messaging problem the president may have around issues of gender. You can’t really do worse than rapist when it comes to the public perception of your approach to women.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...29aa78e37ebdf2fe686/optimized/full.pdf#page=1
Among all voters, 63% think that President
Trump has “definitely” (44%) or “probably”

(19%) sexually assaulted women in his

past. About one in four (23%) says he

“probably has not” sexually assaulted

women. Fourteen percent of voters think
President Trump has “definitely not”
sexually assaulted women in past.

------

When a majority of voters believe trump definitely or probably sexually assaulted
women, it is going to make for an interesting election year.

Errr, uhmmm, yeah....

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/poll-trump-women-words-rapist.html

What’s the first word that comes to mind when you think of President Donald Trump and women? Pollsters from PerryUndem and Supermajority, a new women’s activism nonprofit, asked 1,912 likely 2020 voters to try this free-association exercise. And wouldn’t you know it—a plurality of respondents said rapist.
I’m no communications professional, but to me, these results seem to identify a serious messaging problem the president may have around issues of gender. You can’t really do worse than rapist when it comes to the public perception of your approach to women.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...29aa78e37ebdf2fe686/optimized/full.pdf#page=1
Among all voters, 63% think that President
Trump has “definitely” (44%) or “probably”

(19%) sexually assaulted women in his

past. About one in four (23%) says he

“probably has not” sexually assaulted

women. Fourteen percent of voters think
President Trump has “definitely not”
sexually assaulted women in past.

------

When a majority of voters believe trump definitely or probably sexually assaulted
women, it is going to make for an interesting election year.

Yea, but women knew that he sexually assaulted women in 2016; and yet a strong majority of white women voted for Trump. His appeal to women is a great mystery to me...

It may be that as more evidence has come forward and more reports of Trump's activities surface, a lot of women are now "woke". The downfall of Epstein may not have helped Trump much. Trump being pissed Epstein deflowered a 13 year old girl before Trump could.
And the rape of E. Jean Carroll made news. The PDF from the NYTimes seems to indicate strongly, Trump has a lot of problems with women. Pew indicates only 31% of women support Trump. Recent polls tell us 59% of women will not vote for Trump, or lean to not voting for Trump.

I am interested in haw many surveys and polls seem to indicate strong antipathy towards Trump by women voters, yet we have his approval rating being about 42%. There seems to me to be something of a disconnect. But then maybe approval ratings means Trump's running of the US and not their approval of his person. And maybe the election will turn on women's distaste for GOP and it's policies towards women and not a general approval of the US under Trump. Which may not remain high if we slip into a recession before election day.

It is a real head scratcher.

"Grab them by the pussy" is basically admitting to sexual assault.

Back
Top Bottom