• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yang fires dozens of staffers after Iowa debacle

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
Yang fires dozens of staffers after Iowa debacle

Andrew Yang’s campaign fired dozens of staffers this week after an abysmal finish in the Iowa caucuses, according to four former staffers who were let go.

Among those dismissed were the national political and policy directors of the campaign, as well as the deputy national political director — all senior level positions.

The employees were given at least one month severance, according to the dismissed workers.

Just one month severance often with no notice? Shouldn't he give them a basic income for the rest of their lives?

But seriously, I kind of feel that this unexpected harshness against his employees will be very unmotivating to his campaign workers as a whole.

Gosh golly gee whiz. Each candidate that dropped out before Yang dropped all of their staffs but we need not make news articles and snide remarks. But when it's Yang at the bottom and making moves to survive and possibly still stay in the race and he cuts back on staff that's so harsh man.

Gosh golly gee whiz. Each candidate that dropped out before Yang dropped all of their staffs but we need not make news articles and snide remarks. But when it's Yang at the bottom and making moves to survive and possibly still stay in the race and he cuts back on staff that's so harsh man.
Yeah... umm... no... Yang's campaign was never alive. He'll be done post NH.

Yang is toast and always has been toast. Perhaps after New Hampshire, he will realize it and stop wasting other people's time.

Jimmy Higgins said:

I think Yang will be sticking around a bit longer. He has raised the money to do so and he is in this more to spread his message than for personal career or ego (unlike most others).

Yang has in a sense already won when we heard the other candidates talk about automation and the new industrial Revolution. When he started out he said that either he would win or the other candidates would end up sounding a lot like him. The latter seems to be shaping up.

Jimmy Higgins said:

I think Yang will be sticking around a bit longer. He has raised the money to do so and he is in this more to spread his message than for personal career or ego (as are some others).

Yang has in a sense already won when we heard the other candidates talk about automation and the new industrial Revolution. When he started out he said that either be would win or the other candidates would end up sounding a lot like him. The latter seems to be shaping up.

I honestly don't mind Yang talking about his ideas. I think his perspectives are additive, even if I do not agree with all of them. They are necessary to explore. Also, I liked his speech after Iowa.

The op was really about his campaign workers and how it is demotivating to do that to them. I mean, the standard notice for laying off is like 2 months. So, if you don't give that notice, then a standard would be to give 2 months severance. Locking people out of Slack etc and not telling them they are fired until later also is harsh. Now, I am sure there are way worse examples in corporate America and even in other campaigns. BUT, when you consider Yang's platform to care about humans and universal basic income, it almost seems contradictory to use automation to lock them out and to give them less than what is considered a standard severance in some places. One might instead expect him to be very kind, have a long talk with those being layed off, give 2 months severance, let them say bye, whatever. It just seems contrary to his messaging.

In other breaking news, voters were surprised to discover that not only is Andrew Yang still running for President, but that he had enough of a network involved in his doing so that he had people on his staff.

Jimmy Higgins said:

I think Yang will be sticking around a bit longer. He has raised the money to do so and he is in this more to spread his message than for personal career or ego (unlike most others).

Yang has in a sense already won when we heard the other candidates talk about automation and the new industrial Revolution. When he started out he said that either he would win or the other candidates would end up sounding a lot like him. The latter seems to be shaping up.

There you go, keeping the delusion alive.

Jimmy Higgins said:
I think Yang will be sticking around a bit longer.
Polling 3 pts in South Carolina at the moment.
He has raised the money to do so and he is in this more to spread his message than for personal career or ego (unlike most others).
The money disappears quite quickly, and not many are listening.

Yang has in a sense already won when we heard the other candidates talk about automation and the new industrial Revolution.
That is Boneyard Billesque of you.

It seems to me that his campaign is on a terminal decline. I've seen similar things in the final days and weeks of Kamala Harris's campaign and Marianne Williamson's one. Unless he does unexpectedly well in New Hampshire, he will likely drop out after that state's primaries.

He does have a specific constituency others don't, so he could help another candidate with his support, barring what the polls said about his supporters refusing to vote for any other dem candidate.

I suppose the bright side of these firings is that it shows Yang has the requisite ruthlessness to be POTUS.

Back
Top Bottom