• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

mnemosyne

Basic Beliefs
Buddhist
Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similiar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilites that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

http://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/zfl_new.pdf

Fa Lun Da Fa / Fa Lun Gong is a cult. While it isn't exactly as dangerous as Scientology, it's belief systems is equally wacky. I have had a Fa Lun Da Fa believer as a roommate once, who tried to convert me to his beliefs, and made me read his books.

I was told that the books I read were meant for beginners, there were more books to come but I haven't reach the stage where I could read them. As I later realised this is typical cult tactic. They segment information and beginners are only allowed access to lower-level stuff, as you progress through their belief systems, more and more knowledge will be revealed to you. Why? If a beginner is overwhelmed with too much information at once, he might reject it all. But if the disciple has reached a stage where is brainwashed enough, you can tell him anything and he will believe you wholesale. Indeed this is similar to thetans bit of Scientology being revealed only to later stage members.

Anyway, here are the totally bizarre claims that I got from those beginner books:

- The Master (founder of cult) thinks that homosexuality is a sin.
- The Master also thinks that mixed race marriages is a sin.
- The Master claims that the Earth has been destroyed and rebuilt multiple times because humans sinned, and his task now is to spread his wisdom and stop us from sinning so that this time we all don't get reset.
He claimed that his astral body has travelled back in time and counted that we have been reset 72 times (if I recall correctly).
For proof of this:
1. trilobyte fossil on a sandal print. It proves that there were humans when trilobytes existed. Since the trilobyte fossil was made before we humans arrive, it means that they were already humans before us.
Creationists, however, believed that this proves that the fossil was not that old, and our dating method is flawed.
2. a uranium mine that was already depleted before we got to do any mining on it.
3. depictions of humans wearing modern clothing in a cave wall painting in France. The painting was dated to be extremely old, like 6,000 years ago or so and yet the depicted humans were wearing glasses and trousers.

I later looked it up on the internet, and it seems like a lot of these claims have been debunked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom