Internet Infidels Inc. (II) provides a service to you which is Internet Infidels Discussion Board (IIDB). Failure to comply with this TOU will result in revocation of your membership.
Internet Infidels Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization dedicated to promoting and defending a naturalistic worldview on the Internet.
- II is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization consisting of board members who manage and maintain IIDB.
- IIDB has appointed staff that oversee the daily running of the board. These appointments are on a volunteer basis.
IIDB is funded through donations. Donations are distributed at the discretion of II for the purpose of IIDB and II.
Membership is free and conditional to the TOU.
- To abide with the TOU.
- To have the ability and willingness to strive to be a cohering force of IIDB.
- To have leadership skills.
- Not to violate any applicable law, code, regulation or rule or to plan, encourage or help others violate any applicable law, code, regulation or rule;
- Not to post or transmit unlawful or pornographic information.
- Not to post any or provide a link to any material that infringes upon any third party's copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights;
- Not to plagiarize.
- Not to post or transmit any information, e-mail, software or other material which contains a virus, Trojan horse or other harmful component;
- Not to post or transmit through IIDB any commercial, advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, "spam," hate/fear mongering, illegal advocation or mass distributions (this rule applies to images or videos of violence, killing, murder, or other graphic scenes);
- Not to goad, harass, insult, flame, spam, falsely quote, or invade the privacy of II or any other registered member of this board;
- Not to restrict, interfere or inhibit any other member from using II or IIDB;
- Not derail threads or detract from board discussions;
- Not to discuss moderation or the rules in the general forum and to direct any complaints about moderation or the TOU to the Private Feedback Forum.
- Not to preach/proselytize your religious views.
- Not to accuse another user of being a troll or bot. See clarification for how to report actual cases.
- Not to engage in trolling, brinking, or rules lawyering;
The above list identifies prohibited conduct and is not an exhaustive listing. If you violate such terms, or engage in other conduct that II, concludes constitutes prohibited conduct, II may, without prior notice and without liability to you, ban you from any and all services, terminate your registration/membership, delete your messages or postings, and take any other action we deem appropriate.
II reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of the rules and regulations set forth in IIDB, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to IIDB.
The copyright attached to II and IIDB will be based on the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
— You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
— If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights;
- The author's moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
This will show as:
Creative Commons License
Work on II and IIDB is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
You agree to indemnify and hold II, IIDB, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of IIDB.
II reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Use (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that II shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of IIDB.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
Your use of II and IIDB is at your SOLE RISK. II and IIDB is provided on a "as is" and "as available" basis. II expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied.
II makes no guarantee or warranty that the services will meet your requirements, or that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free.
Being a financial donor or contributor does not give you automatic special privileges, voting rights, policy rights, or any other privileges or rights of II and IIDB.