• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

100 Best Movies of All Time

4321lynx

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
OK, I meant to say Best Foreign Movies

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20181029-the-100-greatest-foreign-language-films

Have seen only about 10% of these, maybe fewer, but am short of fingers for the arithmetic and too stupid to think of using my toes and too lazy to count again. :)
Anyway, I see two of my all time favourites are missing, The Wages of Fear, and Frantic.
And Frantic was in English, I know, but that was a foreign language for me, once. :)

Last edited:
Lot of good films on there. It’s sad how they’re going to keep getting knocked off the list every time a new Sharknado comes out.

I've always felt that Andrei Rublyev was overrated. Maybe I just don't get it. I found its bell-casting subplot to be more engaging than the primary plot it was meant to illuminate.

I also felt that Ikuru was too far down on the list. I can be a big baby when it comes to crying at movies, but that one was possibly the biggest waterworks movie I've seen.

Also, the Seventh Seal so low? C'mon BBC.

I've always felt that Andrei Rublyev was overrated. Maybe I just don't get it. I found its bell-casting subplot to be more engaging than the primary plot it was meant to illuminate.

I also felt that Ikuru was too far down on the list. I can be a big baby when it comes to crying at movies, but that one was possibly the biggest waterworks movie I've seen.

Also, the Seventh Seal so low? C'mon BBC.

It's not the BBC. Read the article, see who voted.

No mention of Master of the Flying Guillotine? That's a bit disappointing.

A bit surprised that Pan’s Labyrinth was rated so highly. I think it’s a good film, but not an exceptionally great one.
I would have put Belle de Jour in the top 20. I’m glad Crouching Tiger, hidden Dragon made the list.

I have been watching Turner Classic Movies. There are many gret films from the 30s and 40s miost will never hear of. I was surprised.

Topics you might consider modern. One movie called Gun Crazy is about a kid growing up with a fascination for guns, and goes off on an rampage.

I only know a few on the list by name and have seen only a few.

Seven Samurai at the top of Asian period piece movies, but not number one overall.

No mention of Master of the Flying Guillotine? That's a bit disappointing.

Only a special kind of person knows that movie. In the early 70s there was what used to be called a B movie house in my neighborhood. They showed a lot of the Hong Kong and Japanese movies. Some were well done.

No Das Boot or Jean de Florette / Manon des Sources or Life is Beautiful?

Back
Top Bottom