• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Blocksite list of all the shitty websites I believe because I fuck up on Facebook all the time.csv

ApostateAbe

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Infotheist. I believe the gods to be mere information.
Chrome and Firefox each have an extension named "Blocksite." Other browsers likely have something similar. It helps you block websites that don't deserve your traffic. I have compiled a list of websites that consciously distribute false information, not just because they are biased, but for the purpose of drawing traffic. Some of them claim to be satire in small or obscured text, but they are not funny. They exist to be believed. Some of your favorite websites are on this list, and that's the way it should be. Some of these websites will infect your computer with malware, so be careful. Install the extension, copy and paste the contents of the following box in a text editor, save it as a CSV with the name, "A Blocksite list of all the shitty websites I believe because I fuck up on Facebook all the time.csv", and import the CSV file at the Blocksite options menu.

Code:
URL;Redirect
21stcenturywire.com;
24matin.ch;
9gid.com;
abcnews.com.co;
academiacatavencu.info;
activistpost.com;
addictinginfo.org;
adobochronicles.com;
aionews24.com;
allday.com;
alternet.org;
amazingdaily.net;
americannews.com;
amuzedfeed.com;
antiwar.com;
associatedmediacoverage.com;
atlbanana.com;
beforeitsnews.com;
bestsnewsfeeds.com;
bigamericannews.com;
bigpzone.com;
bsnews.info;
burrardstreetjournal.com;
business-standard.com;
buzzfeed.com;
callthecops.net;
carbolicsmokeball.com;
chaser.com.au;
christwire.org;
chronicle.su;
civictribune.com;
cnnews3.com;
coasttocoastam.com;
consciouslifenews.com;
conservativedailypost.com;
conservativeledger.com;
conservativeoutfitters.com;
conservativetribune.com;
conspiracyclub.co;
countdowntozerotime.com;
countercurrentnews.com;
counterpsyops.com;
crazyviralfeeds.com;
creambmp.com;
csglobal.com;
csglobe.com;
cultofbuzz.com;
da1lymail.com;
dailybuzzlive.com;
dailycaller.com;
dailycurrant.com;
dailydot.com;
dailykos.com;
dailymediabuzz.com;
dailynews11.com.ipaddress.com;
dailypaul.com;
damnviral.co;
dapaan.com;
dcclothesline.com;
dcgazette.com;
der-postillon.com;
derfmagazine.com;
dipbuz.com;
disclose.tv;
diversitychronicle.wordpress.com;
downtrend.com;
drudgereport.com.co;
duffleblog.com;
duhprogressive.com;
eaglerising.com;
ecoenquirer.com;
eldeforma.com;
eljueves.es;
elkoshary.com;
elmundotoday.com;
empireherald.com;
empirenews.com;
empirenews.net;
empiresports.co;
en.yahstar.com;
enterviral.gq;
escapistmagazine.com;
eutimes.net;
examiner.com;
extremetmz.com;
facebook.com/newsbuzzdaily;
facebook.com/newswatch33;
facebook.com/rawforbeauty;
facebook.com/supertuesdaynew;
facebook.com/thestatelyharold;
federalistpress.com;
feedgag.com;
feednewz.com;
feral.audiolinux.com;
fprnradio.com;
freedomoutpost.com;
freepatriot.org;
fromthetrenchesworldreport.com;
geoengineeringwatch.org;
gizmodo.com;
globalresearch.ca;
gonzoglobe.com;
gopthedailydose.com;
govtslaves.com;
guardianlv.com;
gulagbound.com;
hangthebankers.com;
healthimpactnews.com;
huffingtonpost.co.uk;
huffingtonpost.com;
humansarefree.com;
huzlers.com;
hypefeeds.com;
ibtimes.co.uk;
ifactsviral.com;
iloveposts.com;
infowars.com;
inquisitr.com;
intellihub.com;
internetchronicle.su;
itmakessenseblog.com;
jewsnews.co.il;
jonesreport.com;
legorafi.fr;
lewrockwell.com;
libertydigest.com;
libertymovementradio.com;
libertynews.com;
libertytalk.fm;
libertyvideos.org;
lightlybraisedturnip.com;
likes.com;
link4.site;
livefreelivenatural.com;
looneylane.org;
mail.fun-4-u.net;
marlonwayans.tv;
mediafetcher.com;
mediamass.net;
mediamatters.org;
megynkelly.us;
mercola.com;
mrconservative.com;
msnbc.co;
mvpconnect.co;
nahadaily.com;
nationalreport.net;
naturalcuresnotmedicine.com;
naturalnews.com;
nbc.com.co;
nbctoday.co;
ncscooper.com;
news-hound.com;
news4ktla.com;
newsbuzzdaily.com;
newsdaily27.com;
newsexaminer.net;
newsfeedtoday.info;
newslo.com;
newsmax.com;
newsmutiny.com;
newswatch28.com;
newswatch33.com;
newswire-24.com;
nipsysnews.com;
nodisinfo.com;
now88news.com;
now8news.com;
nowtheendbegins.com;
omgfacts.com;
ow.ly;
pakalertpress.com;
palookavillepost.com;
paralelnews.com;
politicalblindspot.com;
politicalears.com;
politicalo.com;
politicot.com;
populartweettags.com;
presstv.ir;
prisonplanet.com;
prisonplanet.tv;
private-eye.co.uk;
pyz.am;
qpolitical.com;
rawforbeauty.tumblr.com;
rawstory.com;
realfarmacy.com;
realitieswatch.com;
realnewsrightnow.com;
redflagnews.com;
reewoodpost.com;
religionlo.com;
responsibletechnology.org;
rilenews.com;
roastroom.com;
salon.com;
satiratribune.com;
satirewire.com;
seesome.info;
shopitaway.com;
socialfeed.info;
speld.nl;
sprotspickle.com;
stopmasturbationnow.org;
stuppid.com;
superstation95.com;
thatviralfeed.com;
thecivilian.co.nz;
thecommonsenseshow.com;
thecontroversialfiles.net;
thedailycoin.org;
thedailyrash.com;
thedailysheeple.com;
thefreethoughtproject.com;
thefreethoughtproject.net;
thegatewaypundit.com;
thelastgreatstand.com;
thenewamerican.com;
thenewsnerd.com;
thereporterz.com;
therightplanet.com;
therundownlive.com;
thespoof.com;
theuspatriot.com;
tmztoday.com;
tmzworldnews.com;
topinfopost.com;
tpnn.com;
truthandaction.org;
truthbroadcastnetwork.com;
truthfrequencyradio.com;
turnerradionetwork.com;
twitter.com/capnews;
tytnetwork.com;
uberpunch.com;
unconfirmedsources.com;
undergroundhealth.com;
universalfreepress.com;
usafriday.com;
usahitman.com;
usherald.com;
uspatriot.com;
veteranstoday.com;
vineoflifenews.com;
viralclips-ml.blogspot.com;
viralkon.com;
wakingupwisconsin.com;
weeklyworldnews.com;
westernjournalism.com;
whostrending.net;
whydontyoutrythis.com;
wideawakeamerica.com;
wired868.com;
witscience.org;
wizelo.com;
wmacnews.com;
wnd.com;
worldnewsdailyreport.com;
worldtruth.tv;
worthytoshare.com;
yournewswire.com;
zgarlic.com;
zonnews.com;

That is quite an impressive list ApostateAbe. I would not even have the time to visit that many sites yet you are already in the know that they are bad sites. You have obviously spent time with each of these sites to know they are trash.

An honest question. How do you mange your time so well be be so well informed?

That is quite an impressive list ApostateAbe. I would not even have the time to visit that many sites yet you are already in the know that they are bad sites. You have obviously spent time with each of these sites to know they are trash.

An honest question. How do you mange your time so well be be so well informed?
Most of the list is sourced from those who already did the necessary labor. Some are my own additions.

I only use adblocker because javascript ads fuck up my browser. For any kind of content filtering, I am my own blocker. As amazing as it is, I don't have to follow every link I see or read articles I know are going to be bullshit.

I never understood why looking at a website or reading an email should be able to give you malware. Isn't that just horrible design of web browser and email reader? Why can't they just do nothing but display the text on the screen, and if it doesn't conform to their reader just show nothing or show garbled text?

An actual program you run from an executable file sure, but a text browser??? Why can that include malware?

I never understood why looking at a website or reading an email should be able to give you malware. Isn't that just horrible design of web browser and email reader? Why can't they just do nothing but display the text on the screen, and if it doesn't conform to their reader just show nothing or show garbled text?

An actual program you run from an executable file sure, but a text browser??? Why can that include malware?
There are mistakes that are easy to make when designing software. I'm not going to go into great depth here, but humans being animals which do the best they can rather than the best that can ever be introduce unintended vulnerabilities in their mechanations.

It isn't horrible design any more than an exploding phone is due to horrible design. It's due to the fact humans cant see EVeRY problem with a design before it hits production, and this is compounded in software by the fact that it is disgustingly complex.

What ends up happening with malware is that some small mistake gets abused. It doesn't have to be big. Often the code that allows a malware to work is forgetting to put a guard page around some buffer, or accidentally leaving out a single clause in a loop's termination condition.

It's literally my job on most days to go through code and find out what mistakes caused some kind of behavior, and figure out ways to fix those mistakes.

Your question reads, to me, like 'why can't an engine just be made to do nothing but have the gasoline go into the engine and push the piston, without having issues with sugar or sand in the fuel'. If someone figures out a way of putting some kind of data where it doesn't belong, things break, and sometimes the malfunction caused by the breakage can be used to execute code embedded in the data.

This is especially true when the data sent has active portions that need to be interpreted by the viewer program. Font changes? Those need to be processed. Scripts to make a page sumbit data? Those need processing too. Every process can be victim to a mistake.

I only use adblocker because javascript ads fuck up my browser. For any kind of content filtering, I am my own blocker. As amazing as it is, I don't have to follow every link I see or read articles I know are going to be bullshit.

It's not just the misbehaving ads, but the primary vector for malware these days is ads. You're a lot safer on the web with an ad blocker.

Jarhyn said:
This is especially true when the data sent has active portions that need to be interpreted by the viewer program. Font changes? Those need to be processed. Scripts to make a page sumbit data? Those need processing too. Every process can be victim to a mistake.

If your viewer only had a single font and was just a viewer with no submit thing, would that be immune? Or is the mere conversion of 1s and 0s into text enough to make it vulnerable?

I can see how adds could complicate things, as well as all the useless bells and whistles most programs have.

Jarhyn said:

If your viewer only had a single font and was just a viewer with no submit thing, would that be immune? Or is the mere conversion of 1s and 0s into text enough to make it vulnerable?

I can see how adds could complicate things, as well as all the useless bells and whistles most programs have.

Even then, it has to receive the data from some source, buffer it, and process it into text. There is no instruction that says turn this file to text, whole cloth. The file must be moved from one area to another, through a wire. The wire then hits a circuit which reads each change on the wire, and the timing of that change, based on some series and default timing handshake. That part is just a machine. It deposits that calculated series of 1's and 0's into a large series of slots we call a memory (or a buffer, or cache depending on context). Those 1's and 0's are then moved by some instruction into main memory.

But because of how the internet transfers data, there are administrative data attached to divided chunks of data Like the table of contents in each volume of an encyclopedia. When you read 'malformed packet header's somewhere, that's what it's really talking about. Even if it is just tour computer receiving a text document with no font or anything, a server that sends one of these, knowing what program will read it and knowing it will fuck up doing so, can infect your computer.

Beyond headers, there is also a data header on most files, and extra data sent by the server to describe it. These drive features that make technology bearable to work with and look at.

So, when the server sends the filename of the file you receive, it could potentially send something really long. So long that it actually fills more slots than were allocated for it. But sometimes there's nothing to stop that from happening. It writes over so many slots that it writes in memory that some OTHER variable owns. Let's say that variable holds a location that the process thinks instructions go (this is called a Function Pointer by the way). Now suddenly, using nothing but a filename transferred as a string, a person has redefined the function pointer for something to be inside the memory for the file name itself. Suddenly ejfjeueufhfbekwlalakcnxkdkalalslekrjtucycgrndnxb...(this continues for 10000 characters).text gets executed as (call the save file function with these parameters using this range of the buffer of the file name as data as 'autorun.exe' in system, and suddenly the computer is infected.

Back
Top Bottom