• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Boy and His Dog (1975) - post-apocalyptic sci-fi

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I just found out that this film is in the public domain. I saw it a long time ago. If you like bad sci-fi you will love this.

The main character, Vic (Don Johnson), is an 18-year-old boy, born in and scavenging throughout the wasteland of the former southwestern United States. Vic is most concerned with food and sex; having lost both of his parents, he has no formal education and does not understand ethics or morality. He is accompanied by a well-read, misanthropic, telepathic dog named Blood, who helps him locate women, in return for food. Blood can not forage for himself, due to the same genetic engineering that granted him telepathy. The two steal for a living, evading bands of marauders, berserk androids, and mutants. Blood and Vic have an occasionally antagonistic relationship, though they realize they need each other. Blood wishes to find a legendary promised land, though Vic believes that they must make the best of what they have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Boy_and_His_Dog_(1975_film)

One of my favorites the original story
and the graphic novel
3851228348a065a7e3084110.L.jpg

are also quite good

I read the short story years ago, A Boy and his Dog by the then youthful edgy-groovy Harlan Ellison sci-fi writer.

I saw the movie and it was creepy camp goodness, taking a bit of a departure from the book in a kinda Hotel California way. Ellison liked it though I heard he hated the last line of the movie.

Ellison supposedly wrote a follow up novel, Blood's a Rover, but I could never find it.

Back
Top Bottom