• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

This was not an isolated example. I am at the point where I should just run the other way when I hear an American accent. "Same-same" is almost the universal attitude, even from a black American man who described himself as a "news junkie." I suppose most of the "Same-same" crowd doesn't vote at all; but some probably do vote for QOPAnon but are still sentient enough to realize that admitting this would make them look like dolts.

Sincere question: Are {some,many,most} people good judges of character? Despite being somewhat autistic, I've evidence that I'm a bit better than most at judging character, even after only brief observation. That Trump is a brattish and malicious con-man is totally obvious. And confirmed by psychologists who -- despite that they can't bill health insurance without a personal interview -- are confident of a "Malignant Narcissist (Psychopath)" diagnosis based just on TV appearances.

Are Trumplickers really incapable of seeing the obvious? Or do they understand he's a psychopath but admire him for it and/or think that's what the country needs?

I've linked to this YouTube before. "Sleepy Joe is a sex trafficking demon-possessed mongrel. He's on the left. He ain't no better than the Pope and Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks . . . God is going to bring the whole house down."

WTF has happened to America?

I've no doubt Fox Bimbo said something hilariously stupid, but not being up on Star {Trek,Wars} lore, and not having an X account, I don't know what it was.
So for context;
Disney has unveiled the director for the new Star Wars movie, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy. Right wingers are losing their shit saying that this will make Star Wars woke. Fox Bimbo said, that's why I'm a Star Trek fan.

Star Trek has always been known for being woke. As in significantly more woke than Star Wars ever could be.

I've no doubt Fox Bimbo said something hilariously stupid, but not being up on Star {Trek,Wars} lore, and not having an X account, I don't know what it was.
Trek is super woke. Back in the early 60's it had episodes dealing with racism, class inequality, anti-war, ableism, etc.. The Next Generation in the 90's had an episodes about gender, a couple about religion, and plenty more.

Back to Taylor Swift, Stanley cups and a brewing backlash to MAGA's sexist snobbery | Salon.com - author Amanda Marcotte describes an absurd culture war:
I've been struck, for instance, by this bizarre and sudden freakout over the Stanley cup — not the hockey trophy, but the thermos that has suddenly become a hot commodity among lady influencers and their legions of fans. As Daniela Pierre-Bravo at MSNBC documented, the Stanley Quencher model has been around since 2016, but exploded in popularity after three online influencers convinced the company "to start marketing to women for the first time." The campaign focused on moms by highlighting that it's a great way to caffeinate and hydrate while driving kids around to soccer games and, oh yeah, it's dishwasher-safe.

But of course women can't simply enjoy something, even something so innocent as a water bottle, without it kicking off a massive moral panic. We're now deluged with scare stories about how the cups are dangerous (they're not) and sensationalist stories about how women are going too far in their enthusiasm for the cups. "Saturday Night Live" even had a sketch about the "big dumb cups" that went viral despite being only mildly funny.
Stanley Drinkware & Gear | Bottles, Tumblers, Growlers & More – Stanley 1913

So I guess Trump is going to be extra subtle and release Trump Watermelon and Trump Fried Chicken as well.

Trump himself said that black America could relate to him because he was indicted. "The blacks...they know crime!"

Jesus fucking Christ...

Back
Top Bottom