• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Hero of Modern Times

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckqkvERsKTQ

As I listened to the above video (several months old now) it occurred to me just how courageous Roger Stone is. Whether you like Trump or not you can not listen to this guy without being impressed with Stone. He was in the perfect position to cause great harm to Trump. But in the end, his highly political kangaroo trial could only levy a charge of lying to congress on a minor technicality. The technicality of lying to congress which many others including Comey, John Brennen, James Clapper, Robert Mueller, Rod Rossenstein, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, and Lisa Page lied in much more material ways without consequence. It is obvious just about every aspect of Stone's proceeding was either highly biased, tainted, or should have been thrown out due to improper proceedings. And it is also very scary just how much an innocent person can get into trouble living in our supposedly free democracy today. Yes, the United States has political prisoners just like North Korea does today.

But here is the really unbelievable thing about this IMO. Regardless whether or not Stone was really innocent I do not believe many would have been able to withstand what our government threw at him. I know I probably would have caved and told some lie they wanted to hear about Trump just in order to save my own skin. Just to save myself and my family from all the mess.

I think that Stone was (and is) a much better man than I am.

Roger Stone is a propagandist. His political advice in his book is "attack, attack, attack." His book reviewer gave him 5 stars and called him the "Acme of the smear campaign." Don't you get it yet? This is how the Republicans do things: the best defense is a good offense. Roger Stone was very guilty of the things he was being investigated for. But he shut up and lied. So he got in trouble for lying. They couldn't get him on the other stuff because his number 2 rule is "3 guys can keep a secret if 2 are dead." No wonder he was running around claiming secret agents were trying to kill him. They were either his own guys or he fabricated it in order to attack the other side. Ever since this guy got in trouble we hear nothing but attack, attack, attack, and we can see why.

Now, if you don't get this it doesn't mean they are better than you. It means they are worse, smarter, but worse.

I thought satire was supposed to go in the FT&H forum.

But here is the really unbelievable thing about this IMO. Regardless whether or not Stone was really innocent I do not believe many would have been able to withstand what our government threw at him.
Quality funny there.

Roger Stone is a propagandist. His political advice in his book is "attack, attack, attack." His book reviewer gave him 5 stars and called him the "Acme of the smear campaign." Don't you get it yet? This is how the Republicans do things: the best defense is a good offense. Roger Stone was very guilty of the things he was being investigated for. But he shut up and lied. So he got in trouble for lying. They couldn't get him on the other stuff because his number 2 rule is "3 guys can keep a secret if 2 are dead." No wonder he was running around claiming secret agents were trying to kill him. They were either his own guys or he fabricated it in order to attack the other side. Ever since this guy got in trouble we hear nothing but attack, attack, attack, and we can see why.

Now, if you don't get this it doesn't mean they are better than you. It means they are worse, smarter, but worse.
To be fair about this, I've never read any of his books. I did however see the title of a couple of them and one of them was very defamatory of the Clintons.

But regardless what he may have wrote about others.....don't you think it is a little particular that only Stone gets singled out for lying to Congress? Especially after we hear Clapper and others doing exactly the same thing on national TV? Should not federal justice be color blind and political blind? Shouldn't crimes be handed down evenly non dependent of who you are or what you have wrote? Because if that is not the case, isn't the US no better than N. Korea?

But here is the really unbelievable thing about this IMO. Regardless whether or not Stone was really innocent I do not believe many would have been able to withstand what our government threw at him.
Quality funny there.
No this isn't meant to be humor.

You are really going to laugh when I tell you that I think Snowden, Manning and Assange are also hero's of today worthy of praise. All have exposed much to help the greater good. At great peril to their lives.

As a one-day deathbed atheist, seriously, if you -- legit -- have respect for Charles Nelson Reilly impersonator Roger the Stoner...you might as well get you some Jesus. In this case, you could do much, much worse.

Quality funny there.
No this isn't meant to be humor.
Odd, because the entire concept is funny as all hell!

You are really going to laugh when I tell you that I think Snowden, Manning and Assange are also hero's of today worthy of praise. All have exposed much to help the greater good. At great peril to their lives.
Assange is a stooge who was more interested in embarrassing the US than leaking truth. Snowden and Manning are patriots. Snowden and Manning has no adjacency with Stone, which means you are continuing with quite the biting satire.

As I listened to the above video (several months old now) it occurred to me just how courageous Roger Stone is. Whether you like Trump or not you can not listen to this guy without being impressed with Stone. He was in the perfect position to cause great harm to Trump. But in the end, his highly political kangaroo trial could only levy a charge of lying to congress on a minor technicality. The technicality of lying to congress which many others including Comey, John Brennen, James Clapper, Robert Mueller, Rod Rossenstein, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, and Lisa Page lied in much more material ways without consequence. It is obvious just about every aspect of Stone's proceeding was either highly biased, tainted, or should have been thrown out due to improper proceedings. And it is also very scary just how much an innocent person can get into trouble living in our supposedly free democracy today. Yes, the United States has political prisoners just like North Korea does today.

But here is the really unbelievable thing about this IMO. Regardless whether or not Stone was really innocent I do not believe many would have been able to withstand what our government threw at him. I know I probably would have caved and told some lie they wanted to hear about Trump just in order to save my own skin. Just to save me and my family from all the mess.

Roger Stone lied to Congress to cover-up the treason he committed for Donald Trump's campaign. He lied to protect himself.

He was able to do this not because he is brave but because he always knew that Trump would pardon him.

This is a perfect example of your willful ignorance, that is required for anyone who supports Trump and the Republican party today. The denial of obvious fact.

To be fair about this, I've never read any of his books. I did however see the title of a couple of them and one of them was very defamatory of the Clintons.

But regardless what he may have wrote about others.....don't you think it is a little particular that only Stone gets singled out for lying to Congress? Especially after we hear Clapper and others doing exactly the same thing on national TV? Should not federal justice be color blind and political blind? Shouldn't crimes be handed down evenly non dependent of who you are or what you have wrote? Because if that is not the case, isn't the US no better than N. Korea?
I think you must mean "criminal indictments" be handed down evenly. Mr. Stone tried to intimidate a witness - that is not the stuff of heroes.

Roger Stone has not appealed his convictions. And according to Wikipedia  Roger_Stone
On September, 10, 2020, Stone told InfoWars' Alex Jones that if Trump appears to lose the 2020 United States presidential election, he should consider declaring martial law via the Insurrection Act and confiscate ballots, shut down the opinion website The Daily Beast and arrest its staff for "seditious" activities, among other things

Advocating stealing an election is not the stuff of heroes.

Quality funny there.

Obviously RVonse hasn't really studied much about the Stone court case, that he questions the validity of the charges is pretty good evidence of that.

RVonse, do you know Stone threatened to kill Randy Critico if he didn't lie under oath for him, by text message for zeus sake? The man is a shit-stirring slime that needs to be wiped off the shoes of the US.

I think you must mean "criminal indictments" be handed down evenly. Mr. Stone tried to intimidate a witness - that is not the stuff of heroes.

Roger Stone has not appealed his convictions. And according to Wikipedia  Roger_Stone
On September, 10, 2020, Stone told InfoWars' Alex Jones that if Trump appears to lose the 2020 United States presidential election, he should consider declaring martial law via the Insurrection Act and confiscate ballots, shut down the opinion website The Daily Beast and arrest its staff for "seditious" activities, among other things

People like RV think lying in an investigation and intimidating witnesses should all be perfectly legal. The premise seems to be the justice system (or the whole system in general) is illegitmate and we should burn the whole system down, and anyone who tries to subvert the justice system is contributing to that goal and is thus a hero.

People like RV think lying in an investigation and intimidating witnesses should all be perfectly legal. The premise seems to be the justice system (or the whole system in general) is illegitmate and we should burn the whole system down, and anyone who tries to subvert the justice system is contributing to that goal and is thus a hero.

Investigating a witness to ensure they don't have ulterior motives is reasonable. Intimidating is most certainly not.

Quality funny there.

Obviously RVonse hasn't really studied much about the Stone court case, that he questions the validity of the charges is pretty good evidence of that.

RVonse, do you know Stone threatened to kill Randy Critico if he didn't lie under oath for him, by text message for zeus sake? The man is a shit-stirring slime that needs to be wiped off the shoes of the US.
No. Can you site this anywhere as verified this actually happened?

Other than the conviction? Which still stands?

How can you not be aware of this and then tout the guy off as some hero?

Other than the conviction? Which still stands?
 Roger_Stone and  Randy_Credico

But here is the really unbelievable thing about this IMO. Regardless whether or not Stone was really innocent I do not believe many would have been able to withstand what our government threw at him. I know I probably would have caved and told some lie they wanted to hear about Trump just in order to save my own skin. Just to save myself and my family from all the mess.

giphy.gif

Stone has a fairly extensive political career with high profile individuals. He's not some hobo off the street that somehow got caught up being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Back
Top Bottom