• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A New Conservative Party

Honestly this is the sort of language game up with which I will not put. There’s no shortage of people who say it the right way and we still have Rs going on about how windmills go brrr. Go check out the Day Without Stupid Redux thread with a mayor in Tx telling people they should have planned better and it’s their own fault for not planning ahead.

I didn’t put words in your mouth, I was pointing to the rhetoric from the post you referenced. I’m judging based on your own assertion that taxation was an ends not a means and now you’ve revised your position to being one about marketability.

My position is pretty simple: lead with fixing problems rather than lead with increasing taxes, and we'll get more support and votes. Most Americans favor a strong safety net and helping people. And they understand that it needs to be paid for. But most Americans don't favor increased taxes to no end, just to waste it away.

And to make that point you posted to an analogy by a person posting in a dark corner of the internet, where the purpose of the post was to provide the poster’s assessment of rich people on their surrounding community rather than be a slick sellable political message. And indeed, even that post didn’t say the thing that you’re saying.

You’re seriously saying that Dems have been promising nothing but tax increases with no benefit attached, but can’t provide a single tangible example of it? How do you want me to address this? You’re asking me to hunt for Russell’s teapot. Show me

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. But I'm lazy (I work 70 hours a week). There are tons of threads that contain some people on the left who lead with taking away people's wealth. But I was too lazy to search for it. But I knew that a recent example would come quick enough if I just waited! Please see thread started today titled "It’s Time for Major Wealth Redistribution — Yes, I Mean It.".

https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...or-Wealth-Redistribution-—-Yes-I-Mean-It-quot

I really do think that there could be quite a demand for a new party that is in the middle: a party that improve people's life, socially liberal, no Shamans!, but that is pro business and pro consumer; pro economic development, and etc.

Reactions: WAB
Back
Top Bottom