• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A Vote for Kamala Is a Vote for Tyranny

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Kamala said “he (Musk) has lost his privileges and it (X) must be taken down.” Kamala is saying that free speech, the bedrock foundation of American freedom is a privilege granted by government, and by refusing to accept government censorship of free speech, Musk has lost his “privilege” to operate a social media company, which “must be taken down.”

For example, “the bottom line is that you can’t say you have one rule for Facebook and a different rule for Twitter” (she means X). There is no such rule. What she is saying is that Facebook’s cowardly or woke management has agreed to censor in order to protect the lies that constitute the official narratives, and Elon Musk, being a person of character and integrity, has not. Kamala Harris is so totally ignorant and so totally uneducated that she is unaware that the US Constitution governs the US government. She thinks our Constitutional rights are subject to regulation by government in order to conform us to official narratives.

Kamala says that social media sites “are directly speaking to millions and millions of people without any oversight or regulation,” but so is she. So is CNN. So is NPR. So is NBC. So is CBS. So is ABC. So is the Associated Press. So is The New York Times. So is the Washington Post. So is the Associated Press. So is the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of Treasury, the Secretary of Homeland security. So is the Supreme Court. So is Congress. So is the President of the United States.

If we want to keep our freedom of speech we must vote for it. Benjamin Franklin was correct long ago when he said "we have a republic now if we can keep it". With the Patriot Act and other growth of our government, citizens rights have become steadily diminished while the state becomes ever more powerful.

It is a given that a lot of people here do not like what Trump or PCR have to say. But do you really want to live in tyranny? Do you really want to live in the world that existed before the Bill of Rights became written?

Your quote includes this

Elon Musk, being a person of character and integrity,

Seriously? You expect people to take it seriously?

I expect the article is mis-representing the issue grieviously. Starting with the absurd claim that ABC and NBC have no government oversight on their content.

No I do not want tyranny. Not by Harris and not by the unruly anarchistic mob you seem to desire.

It is a given that a lot of people here do not like what Trump or PCR have to say. But do you really want to live in tyranny? Do you really want to live in the world that existed before the Bill of Rights became written?
and a vote for Trump would not be for tyranny?? Do I really want to live in the world that existed before the entire Constitution became written? Because it’s clear that Trump has zero respect for the Constitution or the laws derived from it. When it’s a binary choice then indeed Harris the lesser of evils despite what she may or may not have said here.

We are supposed to believe that the same man who calls the Press “the enemy of the people” has more respect for the first amendment than Harris? Please…

But it's okay when Musk does it?

Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., is pushing for the House Judiciary Committee to investigate whether Elon Musk’s X improperly prevented users from following an official presidential campaign account for Vice President Kamala Harris on Sunday.

Nadler, the ranking Democrat on the committee, sent a letter to chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, on Monday morning saying that “numerous users” were blocked from following the “@KamalaHQ” account after President Joe Biden stepped aside and endorsed Harris for president. The letter was exclusively obtained by NBC News.

“Regardless of political ideology, Americans have a protected interest in receiving Vice President Harris’ communications regarding her candidacy,” Nadler wrote. “Vice President Harris, in turn, has a right to communicate with the American people as she runs for the highest office in the country.”

This is what prompted Harris' quip. So take your free speech bullshit and sell it somewhere else.

But!!! But!! It said Musk was a person of Character and Integrity(TM). !!
So that means Musk’s censorship must have been 1000% honorable! I read it on the internet!

and a vote for Trump would not be for tyranny?? Do I really want to live in the world that existed before the entire Constitution became written? Because it’s clear that Trump has zero respect for the Constitution or the laws derived from it. When it’s a binary choice then indeed Harris the lesser of evils despite what she may or may not have said here.

We are supposed to believe that the same man who calls the Press “the enemy of the people” has more respect for the first amendment than Harris? Please…
You don't have to vote for Trump or Harris. That is still your right...until they take that away too.

Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., is pushing for the House Judiciary Committee to investigate whether Elon Musk’s X improperly prevented users from following an official presidential campaign account for Vice President Kamala Harris on Sunday.

Nadler, the ranking Democrat on the committee, sent a letter to chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, on Monday morning saying that “numerous users” were blocked from following the “@KamalaHQ” account after President Joe Biden stepped aside and endorsed Harris for president. The letter was exclusively obtained by NBC News.

“Regardless of political ideology, Americans have a protected interest in receiving Vice President Harris’ communications regarding her candidacy,” Nadler wrote. “Vice President Harris, in turn, has a right to communicate with the American people as she runs for the highest office in the country.”

This is what prompted Harris' quip. So take your free speech bullshit and sell it somewhere else.
So both sides are censoring? Would it not make more sense to ensure neither side censoring than to try and make an argument one side was better? If we don't want our speech censored, then that's what we should be arguing for.

That at least sounds a LOT more democratic than saying you want to "take down" one site or the other.

So both sides are censoring? Would it not make more sense to ensure neither side censoring than to try and make an argument one side was better? If we don't want our speech censored, then that's what we should be arguing for.

That at least sounds a LOT more democratic than saying you want to "take down" one site or the other.
No, darling, both sides are not censioring, as is clearly evident from the posts you are quoting. One side (Musk) is censoring, and the other is telling him to stop it.

It’s so interesting you can look at those posts and make that conclusion.

But!!! But!! It said Musk was a person of Character and Integrity(TM). !!
So that means Musk’s censorship must have been 1000% honorable! I read it on the internet!
Musk will admit himself that his site censors and provides some fake news. But that he still closer to the truth than his competitors. And that his goal is to become as truthful as can be done.

Apparently, there are a lot of lies about what Kamala Harris has said. For example:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harris-trump-supporters-vengeance/

"And once Trump's gone and we have regained our rightful place in the White House, look out if you supported him and endorsed his actions because we'll be coming for you next. You will feel the vengeance of a nation. No stone will be left unturned as we seek you out in this great nation. For it is you that betrayed us."

-Kamala Harris, June 18, 2020

No, she. never said that.....

However, Kamala Harris never said this — the quote is not real. Snopes investigated the origin of the quote in 2019, and concluded that it originated from a website that labeled its output as satire, bustatroll.org. The website (now offline) was a part of America's Last Line of Defense, a still-active network of "satirical" news sites and social media pages.

A 2020 fact-check from the Associated Press investigating the quote included a confirmation from Harris' communications director at the time, Chris Harris, that the quote was fake.

It's sad that some people are so naive that they believe all kinds of bullshit that is put out by insane, disgusting people like Musk and Trump, to name a couple of the biggest liars around.

To be honest, that fake quote sounds more like something that Trump has said in the past.

Musk has censored lots of speech, despite his claims that he supports total free speech. Free speech can be denied by private organizations, but don't claim you will allow free speech on X and then deny it when you feel like it.

No, darling, both sides are not censioring, as is clearly evident from the posts you are quoting. One side (Musk) is censoring, and the other is telling him to stop it.

It’s so interesting you can look at those posts and make that conclusion.
You did not hear about Mark Zuckerberg just admitting otherwise?

Apparently, there are a lot of lies about what Kamala Harris has said. For example:

"And once Trump's gone and we have regained our rightful place in the White House, look out if you supported him and endorsed his actions because we'll be coming for you next. You will feel the vengeance of a nation. No stone will be left unturned as we seek you out in this great nation. For it is you that betrayed us."

However, Kamala Harris never said this — the quote is not real. Snopes investigated the origin of the quote in 2019, and concluded that it originated from a website that labeled its output as satire, bustatroll.org. The website (now offline) was a part of America's Last Line of Defense, a still-active network of "satirical" news sites and social media pages.

A 2020 fact-check from the Associated Press investigating the quote included a confirmation from Harris' communications director at the time, Chris Harris, that the quote was fake.

It's sad that some people are so naive that they believe all kinds of bullshit that is put out by insane, disgusting people like Musk and Trump, to name a couple of the biggest liars around.

To be honest, that fake quote sounds more like something that Trump has said in the past.

Musk has censored lots of speech, despite his claims that he supports total free speech. Free speech can be denied by private organizations, but don't claim you will allow free speech on X and then deny it when you feel like it.
Are you claiming the video I provided is an AI generated fake?

You don't have to vote for Trump or Harris. That is still your right...until they take that away too.
Sure, but since only one of those two will win it’s silly to pretend a vote elsewhere does anything. I live in a practical world not a theoretically ideal one.

Since you didn’t counter my other statements I am presuming you agree that Trump would be more tyrannical than Harris.

It must be weird to live in the War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength upside-down world which IS RVonse. He sounds like an AI bot having hallucinations, or one of the minions at an Albanian political-spam farm, but my guess is that he is actually sincere and really believes much of the nonsense he posts!! Wow.

I get it, you want to vote for freedom and the continuation of America's proud tradition of liberty and participatory democracy. God knows, Trump is your man. A great American.

"Then I have Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as President." (7/23/19, Turning Point USA Conference)

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude <i.e., his stolen 'landslide' victory in 2020> allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution." (12/3/22, in a tweet)

"We will root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country."
Trump rally, Veterans Day 2023

Are you claiming the video I provided is an AI generated fake?
I don't know, but I didn't get the impression she was going to ban anything. She said she thought that some of these large social media sites needed to be regulated. The video was taken out of context, like the far righties like to do. There is so much shit and lies on social media, don't you think that's a good idea to have some regulations?

I'm old enough to remember when news media was regulated a lot. These days we have stations like Fox and Newsmax that can tell lies without giving the other side a chance to respond. AT least the NYTImes and WaPo have editorials from both sides, unlike some of the far right papers I've looked at out of curiosity.

I get it, you want to vote for freedom and the continuation of America's proud tradition of liberty and participatory democracy. God knows, Trump is your man. A great American.

"Then I have Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as President." (7/23/19, Turning Point USA Conference)

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude <i.e., his stolen 'landslide' victory in 2020> allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution." (12/3/22, in a tweet)

"We will root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country."
Trump rally, Veterans Day 2023
I've said this before but you did not notice. You do not have to vote for either Trump or Harris. It is still your right to either stay home or write the person you want.

Back
Top Bottom