• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

About Biblical Kinds... AronRa's Phylogeny Challenge

If you are going to dismiss all critics as incompetent to critique your theory, you are going to have a very bad time in peer review.
Actually, remove the qualifier. I predict uou are going to have a very bad time in peer review.
Remember that I am not an ordinary scientist..
No argument. I haven't seen anyone on this forum accuse you of being a scientist.
I just wanna know who this "Burt Khalifa" person is in Dubai. Sounds like a guy who rents out exotic cars to tourists. I expect he has an epic mustache.
I don't know who he is either but I expect that he is taller than average.

A couple questions, MrIdaho.

Your KINDS:
20220207_163921.png

Where would you put an Emperor Penguin? Which kind? They live on the surface but hunt in the water, So Land-based or Water-based? Or does it depend on when you observe them?
The surface they live on is ice. That's frozen water, would creatures that live on frozen water be Water-based? How do you know?

Your system makes fish, beavers, crocodiles, and turtles the same kind. On days that the church decreed 'meatless,' people could eat fish. They historically included beavers. Can they also observantly eat all other Water Kinds? Dolphin, frogs, water buffalo, whale? Jaques Cousteau? How does one tell?

There are birds that fly but live in underground burrows. Are the Land or Water kinds? How do you know?

The ostrich cannot fly but has hollow bones, like flying birds. What the fuck for? If it was made to be a Land Type, why give it Air Type traits? What's god playing at?
How do you know?

If your answer to evolutionary theory is supposed to be a better sorting system than phylogeny, you should be able to answer most of these.
I'm betting you cannot, not with any hope of consistency.

Oh, shucks, he's bannified. Darn.

Now we can't discuss: If Hermit Crabs are a Land Type, grouped with other Land Types, would that mean they're more closely related to Land Types (such as roses, pine trees, kitty cats) than they are to Water Types (such as Dungeness crabs, Blue Crabs, Alaskan King Crabs)?
A simple yes or no.
And then, of course, how can you tell?

I suppose that is the price of intelligence and RANDOM all caps. It seems tragic that someone puts so much energy into something so obviously invalid. We've had people come in here with silly stuff, but this guy was incomprehensible. Like a guy saying there was something out on the wing of the plane... while sitting at the bus station.

I suppose that is the price of intelligence and RANDOM all caps. It seems tragic that someone puts so much energy into something so obviously invalid. We've had people come in here with silly stuff, but this guy was incomprehensible. Like a guy saying there was something out on the wing of the plane... while sitting at the bus station.
That's why I thought he was just trolling us until someone pointed out his presence on youtube. Maybe if he had been born in another environment he would be seeing visions and hearing voices, hearing and seeing those religious ghosts that designed everything a veritable prophet.

We've had people come in here with silly stuff, but this guy was incomprehensible.

One of the comments I read on youtube said that English was his 3rd language.

Ric Schmeelk
4 years ago
Reviews on his "book" The New Intelligent Design, Turning The Scientific World Upside Down from Amazon:

1. Review title: "Almost incomprehensible, written by a semi-literate buffoon"
Content: "Although the author tortures the English language, he unfortunately does not force it to reveal anything.

"Have you think about these before opening the book?"
Such was one of the sentences in the very first paragraph of this book, and it's a fairly accurate indicator of what's to come.
Postrado continues that proud creationist tradition of putting forth his arguments, completely ignoring the highly critical responses and refutations and then declaring his arguments unbeaten.
The grammar in this book is terrible, with syntax so distorted that it would make anybody with a decent grip on the language cringe, such as labelling Michael J Behe "one proponents of Intelligent Design".
The arguments are even worse, such as "if intelligence is dead, it will force us to predict that since human could produce PC, a stone could produce a PC too, since the two will just be using the same "natural processes", as the obvious pattern in/of nature." Just a few pages in and I have already run out of fingers with which to count the grammatical errors.
"for four years span, I did not stop thinking about the topic of 'intelligence' for almost every day"
"This was the story of my quest of the discovery of intelligence that will surely turn the scientific world upside down."
Postrado refers to information found online as "in the internet".
He also spends pages and pages devoted to different definitions of 'intelligence' that he copied from the dictionary or various textbooks, presumably to pad it out a bit more. How many definitions he uses I can't rightly tell you, as I gave up counting after 67.

The grammar and logic presented in this book wouldn't be acceptable in primary school, and at some points it gets so that you can barely comprehend what he is saying, so how he expects to 'turn the scientific world upside down' is simply beyond me. To be fair, English is Postrado's third language, but the fact that he didn't hire an editor/proof-reader (or couldn't find one) is very telling."

2. "Reading this "book"(if you care to call it that) will leave you less intelligent than when you started. This should be sold along side toilet paper, since they serve the same purpose."

We've had people come in here with silly stuff, but this guy was incomprehensible.

One of the comments I read on youtube said that English was his 3rd language.
That isn't what I meant. It came across that English wasn't a first language. I mean almost every statement he made was incomprehensible, as in nothing he said was grounded in a reality, other than his self-praise. That came across clear. What didn't, his breakthrough on what Intelligence was, or anything remotely about science.

As I noted before, he sounded a lot like the Time Cube guy. That wasn't an insult, it was accurate. The insults, his unique genius, claiming to have completely discovered the counterpart of truth, that if you can't disprove him you are an "idiot".

Back
Top Bottom