• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Actual First Amendment Contest or Racist Invitation for Violence

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/29/us/mohammed-cartoon-contest/index.html

Jon Ritzheimer is a former Marine and he has no middle ground when it comes to Islam.

A T-shirt he wears pretty much says it all: "F--- Islam."

Ritzheimer is the organizer of Friday's "Freedom of Speech Rally" outside the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix.
Is this shouting fire in a crowded theatre? They are going to hold it at a community center and are encouraging everyone to come armed.

It is being a serious jerk. Maybe it is time for some Christian Apostasy contests, I mean "free speech".

I wonder how hard it would be to get them to demonstrate against FIFA?

Start rumors that Obama is telling the FBI to lay off prosecuting FIFA...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/29/us/mohammed-cartoon-contest/index.html

Jon Ritzheimer is a former Marine and he has no middle ground when it comes to Islam.

A T-shirt he wears pretty much says it all: "F--- Islam."

Ritzheimer is the organizer of Friday's "Freedom of Speech Rally" outside the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix.
Is this shouting fire in a crowded theatre? They are going to hold it at a community center and are encouraging everyone to come armed.

No.

It's no worse than when the Westboro folks go and protest funerals to say that the dead guy is in Hell because of teh ghey.

They're small-minded, idiotic dipshits, but they have a right to express whatever opinion they want.

It's no worse than when the Westboro folks go and protest funerals to say that the dead guy is in Hell because of teh ghey.

They're small-minded, idiotic dipshits, but they have a right to express whatever opinion they want.

But it's the "let's all come armed looking for a violent confrontation" that I question.

But it's the "let's all come armed looking for a violent confrontation" that I question.

Iffy. It's like saying that because the Westboro guys would love it if someone whacked them in the face so that they could sue them and get more free airtime because of the court case, their protests should be barred.

If there is a gunfight, their provocation should be taken into account when determining charges. Until then, bringing a gun to a protest isn't an illegal act.

Didn't know about the armed thing.

Iffy. It's like saying that because the Westboro guys would love it if someone whacked them in the face so that they could sue them and get more free airtime because of the court case, their protests should be barred.

If there is a gunfight, their provocation should be taken into account when determining charges. Until then, bringing a gun to a protest isn't an illegal act.
Is it? What are the laws in Arizona pertaining to such things? I would presume there are lax laws regarding possession, but who knows. Regardless, saying they should bring guns should get the cops out there to watch, and they should be sent the bill.

Didn't know about the armed thing.

Is it? What are the laws in Arizona pertaining to such things? I would presume there are lax laws regarding possession, but who knows. Regardless, saying they should bring guns should get the cops out there to watch, and they should be sent the bill.

It's Arizona, as long as they aren't black, or hispanic, or homeless, they can flaunt their guns all they like, and the cops won't bat an eye. If any brown people show up, however, the gestapo cops will be demanding to see their papers.

Regardless, saying they should bring guns should get the cops out there to watch, and they should be sent the bill.
I fear that Arizona cops would gladly attend without pay, if there's a chance they can plug a Muslim trying to 'start some shit' with the protestors.
Of course, that's exactly why they're bringing their guns, to, so if anyone pulls a gun or reaches into their pocket, there's going to be a huge number of bullets in the air....

I just hope no one sees a camera and shouts, "GUN!"

Regardless, saying they should bring guns should get the cops out there to watch, and they should be sent the bill.

Agreed. Any steps that work towards making freedom of expression a privilege of the rich and that raise barriers to access of it to the poor are steps that I'm in favour of.

In general, these people are mostly talk, so I wouldn't expect much to happen. But it certainly is poking at the laws of chaos. I'm more worried about them shooting each other.

If they form a roving pack of crazed gunmen hunting down innocent muslims that would be illegal.

If they prepare themselves to defend against armed muslims showing up to kill them for speaking there is no legal issue.

In general, these people are mostly talk, so I wouldn't expect much to happen. But it certainly is poking at the laws of chaos. I'm more worried about them shooting each other.

Well, that's the same worry one would have if they have their guns at home. These are armed morons. A certain level of self-culling is inevitable.

Agreed. Any steps that work towards making freedom of expression a privilege of the rich and that raise barriers to access of it to the poor are steps that I'm in favour of.
They can express themselves without the guns. They are starting to edge towards incitement (of their ranks, not Muslims).

They can express themselves without the guns. They are starting to edge towards incitement (of their ranks, not Muslims).

"Edging towards", yes. "Crossed the line into", no.

I think this is a very fine line and find it a fascinating discussion.

"Edging towards", yes. "Crossed the line into", no.
That would be why no one is being arrested right now. However, it certainly does require a police presence, just to observe. Jebus... you need a Cop if you are doing construction work at an Intersection in some cities.

you need a Cop if you are doing construction work at an Intersection in some cities.
Around here, that's because every driver seems to think that they have a constitutional right to never be inconvenienced by piddling things like obstructed lanes, human beings, oncoming traffic...

Back
Top Bottom