• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Adding just Bitters to water as a refreshing drink

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
I just used Scrappy's Bitters, cardamom with alcohol not glycerin, and added it to tap water. It is damn good and refreshing. Doesn't need sweetening. The bottle is expensive, but it can go a very long way. I used it in mixed drinks and it was hard not to make it too strong, cardamom punches through other flavors very easily.

The standard Angostura bitters is ok, but something about it seems to need sweetening.

Anyone else use any version or flavor of bitters in plain water?

I just used Scrappy's Bitters, cardamom with alcohol not glycerin, and added it to tap water. It is damn good and refreshing. Doesn't need sweetening. The bottle is expensive, but it can go a very long way. I used it in mixed drinks and it was hard not to make it too strong, cardamom punches through other flavors very easily.

The standard Angostura bitters is ok, but something about it seems to need sweetening.

Anyone else use any version or flavor of bitters in plain water?

I have not tried that speifically, but I am fond of Moxie http://www.drinkmoxie.com/history.php which has a somewhat bitter herbal flavor. I find it far more thirst quenching that sweet soads

A dash of bitters enlivens my minty iced tea, of which I drink gallons in the summer. I definitely recommend.

Back
Top Bottom