• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Americans are dreamers too.

humbleman

Basic Beliefs
Humanism
Who was the last president who at least remembered the guys in prison, a second chance, vocational training, and more in his message to the nation?

This was the message of three centuries.

President Trump has surprised everyone with such a calm but specific message which has overcome eight years of a former president Obama's speeches making empty promises.

President Trump has surprised everyone with such a calm but specific message which has overcome eight years of a former president Obama's speeches making empty promises.
So, now you're okay with Obama's pardons and commuted sentences?

Really, it's not a surprise that Trump's thinking a lot about people in or going to prison... All I could think of when I heard this was 'golden parachute.'

Who was the last president who at least remembered the guys in prison, a second chance, vocational training, and more in his message to the nation?

He is not genuine in the least.

He is just using one group of Americans being shit on to justify the shitting on of other people.

Trump is a cheap salesman.

Everything is a sales technique. Nothing is genuine.

Is he talking about ending the insane war on people who use drugs?

Is he moving marijuana off Schedule I?

The phrase implies that immigrants are hurting Americans. My question to you is how are you being hurt? Please be specific with links.

So, now you're okay with Obama's pardons and commuted sentences?

Not directed at me, but it really depends on the offense and the offender. Non-violent drug offenders? Sure. Non-repentant Puerto Rican terrorists? One of his worst ideas ever!
Puerto Rican terrorist tells mainlander Americans to get off the island
Of course, he fails to see the irony of him saying that while living in NYC ...

P.S.: At least he didn't compound it by releasing Leonard Peltier as well ...

:hysterical:

Who was the last president to fight for such matters, as well as helping people stay out of prisons, and in particular for-profit prisons?

Hint: Barack Obama.

ETA: this rather obvious put-down of the Dreamers, along with his swipe at people protesting against extralegal police violence, is what lets us know that he's still his old white supremacist self, with winks about as subtle as Lucille Bluth.

Who was the last president to fight for such matters, as well as helping people stay out of prisons, and in particular for-profit prisons?
To his credit. But he did not go far enough. He did not work to reschedule marijuana for example.
ETA: this rather obvious put-down of the Dreamers,
More like a putdown against the Democratic obsession with the so-called "dreamers", and illegals in general. That includes giving them cutesy monikers too, of course.
along with his swipe at people protesting against extralegal police violence,
Majority of police shootings that led to protests have been justified, which obviously makes them not "extralegal". That includes the archetypical case, the shooting of St. Michael Brown, the "Gentle Giant of Ferguson", who robbed a convenience store and then attacked the police officer who stopped him.
We need to retire this stupid line of attack. Unfortunately Joe Kennedy, the official response guy, thought it necessary to include the line "black lives matter" in his response. Disappointing.

Non-repentant Puerto Rican terrorists? One of his worst ideas ever!

Yeah, perfect. Humbleman is lauding FFvC's words, and suggesting Obama was only words, not deeds, conveniently forgetting how much crap people gave Obama for actual deeds.

Who was the last president who at least remembered the guys in prison

Gee, how kind of him to want to give job training to the many thousands whose entire lives he destroyed by throwing them in jail for smoking weed. His golemesque troll of an Attorney General is massively increasing the war on drugs and sending more people to prison and for more years for acts that shouldn't be crimes in the first place.

Obama had notably reduced the war on drugs and began the shift from treating drug use as a health issue rather than a crime. He is the first president in nearly a half century to leave office with a smaller prison population than when he started. The US incarceration rate was at its historical peak in 2008, and it dropped almost 20% under Obama. Most of that was due to reducing the number of people in prison due to non-violent drug offenses.

Trump and Sessions are returning to the destructive war on drugs policies, pressuring prosecutors to seek maximum sentences and using the Fed power to imprison people for drug activities that are legal in their own state.

It was better in the original German

Only half joking, lots of the same techniques used.

No, just you.
I've seen President Trump read from a prepared speech before. And I've seen the media go gah-gah over the moment before as well (the "pivot", "this is when he actually became the POTUS" etc). I'm just curious/confused as to why you think Trumps' empty promises are better than Obamas' empty promises. What has the fat fuck done other than piss off the world, play golf and make sure his kids are gainfully employed?

The phrase implies that immigrants are hurting Americans. My question to you is how are you being hurt? Please be specific with links.

Nope.

The phrase implies that in his administration Americans are first.

The president of Mexico should say and do the same, and for him to say that "Mexicans are first" so Mexicans under a good president shouldn't have to leave their country and on the contrary, stay over there and make their country prosperous.

The presidents of the countries from which illegal immigrants are invading the US must follow the great example of president Trump, about how to care for the people who elected him as their president.

:hysterical:

ETA: this rather obvious put-down of the Dreamers, along with his swipe at people protesting against extralegal police violence, is what lets us know that he's still his old white supremacist self, with winks about as subtle as Lucille Bluth.

You just can't get it, right?

What president Obama did was to make OK to pass the red light in traffic. No traffic tickets to the ones passing red light is not the solution but to stop drug addiction by catching the drug dealers and giving penalties to illegal drug consumers.

What our beloved president Trump wants, is not to leave an American man behind, and give a chance to the ones ALREADY in jail.

I will give an example from the past, because you must see it to believe it.

It was a DC Mayor, Mr. Marion Barry. This Mayor took a similar initiative of giving a second chance to many dudes in jail.

So, these dudes received vocational training in jail. After they obtained the training, they were sent free plus they were located to work and earn money working in the Department of Housing in DC.

I will tell you the truth about this, many of them were lazy, did a lower average job, some went to work drunk, and lots of more negative things which in reality were expected. They came out from jail, and jail life has lots of influence in people.

However, they become free citizens, they did work, and they became part of society at last with a minimum re-incidence in crime. A second chance in their lives.

Vocational training is also essential in our society in general because not everyone wants college education but what they want is being carpenters, electricians, plumbers, car mechanics, and so forth.

You are free like I am discussing in this topic, and while I agree with the idea of giving a chance to the one who is not free but in jail, you change the good will idea of president Trump saying that drug addicts evading jail is thanks to president Obama.

Let me tell you something, dudes in jail are not over there solely because drugs. Your point is void.

Who was the last president who at least remembered the guys in prison

Gee, how kind of him to want to give job training to the many thousands whose entire lives he destroyed by throwing them in jail for smoking weed. His golemesque troll of an Attorney General is massively increasing the war on drugs and sending more people to prison and for more years for acts that shouldn't be crimes in the first place.

Obama had notably reduced the war on drugs and began the shift from treating drug use as a health issue rather than a crime. He is the first president in nearly a half century to leave office with a smaller prison population than when he started. The US incarceration rate was at its historical peak in 2008, and it dropped almost 20% under Obama. Most of that was due to reducing the number of people in prison due to non-violent drug offenses.

Trump and Sessions are returning to the destructive war on drugs policies, pressuring prosecutors to seek maximum sentences and using the Fed power to imprison people for drug activities that are legal in their own state.

Those are strong words. Can you show the determinations of President Trump seeking maximum sentences to regular drug addicts?

What president Obama did is what the now resigned Prince George school principal did with the grades of his students. He encouraged to raise the level of grades so the students ended as geniuses while reality is that their grades were low and these students didn't learn much in that school year.

This is what president Obama did. To change the grades, so the number of drug addicts are actually the same and more, but now you just can't know how many are they because they are not in the place they should be: in jail.

Tell me, how many more clinics president Obama created to treat the drug addicts he practically sent free to the streets avoiding jail?

I will tell you that there are more drug addicts in the streets without any treatment for their recovery because president Obama.

Bad president... hum hum hum... very bad president.

No, just you.
I've seen President Trump read from a prepared speech before. And I've seen the media go gah-gah over the moment before as well (the "pivot", "this is when he actually became the POTUS" etc). I'm just curious/confused as to why you think Trumps' empty promises are better than Obamas' empty promises. What has the fat fuck done other than piss off the world, play golf and make sure his kids are gainfully employed?

The "answer" to president Trump by Mr. Kennedy was a complete failure. Democrats didn't expect the great strategy used by president Trump in his message to dislocate the infrastructure of any reply against his message to the nation.

Even CNN was confused about what to say on the very next day. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom