• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

And the music drowns the dialogue - Quick Fix!

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Wondering if I am going deaf in my old age, or that there is more slurring and whispering of lines in movies these days.......

And the music drowns the dialogue.

Bah! Humbug!

If this is happening to you on your TV, IT IS NOT YOU! And there is a fix.
(if this is at the movies, then sorry, it's you)

The new TVs have a sound setting for "surround sound" or "Full room Sound," but if you don't have full room speakers, then all it does is shift what should be background music to equal billing with the foreground dialogue on your TV speaker. AACK!

Go in to audio settings on your TV and turn OFF anything that remotely resembles "Surround sound" or "Full," "room," or anything like that.

You will be amazed, and able to hear the dialogue again.

That's really good to know. Thanks!

I was trying to track down my issue after moving to a new place and getting new cable service. I thought that it was the new cable preventing me from understanding pretty much anything said in The Walking Dead... that show has non-stop background music and stuff. Totally had the same issues described for many other shows.

I figured out that my audio settings on my TV got reset after being unplugged for a month, and "auto volume levels" was turned on. I turned it off and now I can hear dialog over the ant walking across the table.

Saw this thread and thought I would share that setting as well.

Back
Top Bottom