• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

And the next in line for impeachment is...

Patooka

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
aaa
*Drumroll*...Kamala Harris!

Sen. Lindsey Graham said former President Donald Trump's second impeachment trial set such a bad precedent that House Republicans, if they retake the majority, will go after Vice President Kamala Harris for her Black Lives Matter support.

Because, you know, they are totally equivalent. Pointing out inequities in the bail system. Repeating the same lie for months and inciting a crowd to riot. Same thing amirite? Weird how it's Kamala and not Biden being impeached. Not sure why but I'm sure it will be explained to me by well...other people.

Sen. Lindsey Graham said former President Donald Trump's second impeachment trial set such a bad precedent that House Republicans, if they retake the majority, will go after Vice President Kamala Harris for her Black Lives Matter support.

Because, you know, they are totally equivalent. Pointing out inequities in the bail system. Repeating the same lie for months and inciting a crowd to riot. Same thing amirite? Weird how it's Kamala and not Biden being impeached. Not sure why but I'm sure it will be explained to me by well...other people.

If they believe that impeaching Kamala is the right thing to do why wait until they have the majority? If they have a good non-partisan argument and a strong case then surely they could convince some Democrats to vote with them.

If they believe that impeaching Kamala is the right thing to do why wait until they have the majority? If they have a good non-partisan argument and a strong case then surely they could convince some Democrats to vote with them.

You answered your own question, with just a little bit of paraphrasing.

His Flatulence was trying to support white power--good, don't impeach.

Kamala Harris is opposing white power--bad, impeach.

Right or wrong doesn't enter into it.

Let me get this straight. If the GOP retakes the majority, the first thing they are going to do is to go after a black woman. And they wonder how anyone can think they are racist jackasses.

Let me get this straight. If the GOP retakes the majority, the first thing they are going to do is to go after a black woman. And they wonder how anyone can think they are racist jackasses.
They went after a white male, then that white male's wife / Secretary of State, obstruction the black male like all heck... so race and gender doesn't seem to be the driving issue anywhere near as much as destructive amounts of partisanship.

They went after a white male, then that white male's wife / Secretary of State, obstruction the black male like all heck... so race and gender doesn't seem to be the driving issue anywhere near as much as destructive amounts of partisanship.

The black male isn't the best example, given that they also insisted that he couldn't possibly be an American citizen, or have received good grades, or have written Dreams for my Father.

And then, oddly, electing Toupee Fiasco, who hid threatened a lawsuit if his high school grades leaked (they're hidden by law), and couldn't so much as sit through a presentation that didn't compliment him constantly.

But yes, this in part a fear of a black woman becoming president - particularly Kamalah Harris. Consider it a mix of their bad faith attacks on Hillary Clinton, and their racist attacks on Barack Obama, likely with the usual "Jezebel" stereotype instead of the "thug" or "ballbuster" ones they used before.

Lindsay Graham has really slid into Jim Crow era ugliness lately.

Harris is like the Guliani stop and frisk manifestation in California. There are quite a few brown people (me included) she burned bridges on that will show its face as soon as republicans get Trump (the current whip motivating the black vote against the elephant) out of the picture. As long as the Republicans can show they have the Trump situation under control Biden/Harris is toast and there won't need to be a stupid impeachment.

Harris is like the Guliani stop and frisk manifestation in California. There are quite a few brown people (me included) she burned bridges on that will show its face as soon as republicans get Trump (the current whip motivating the black vote against the elephant) out of the picture. As long as the Republicans can show they have the Trump situation under control Biden/Harris is toast and there won't need to be a stupid impeachment.

Right now it seems that the Republican Party wants to have it both ways. Keeping Liz Cheney but also keeping Marjorie Taylor Greene and acquitting Trump. We will see how long they can balance on the fence but it seems an untenable long term situation.

Having seen the total evidence (the outright end of "weed possession only" prosecution, the concentration on serious crimes such as violent domestic abuse, the diversion programs, and so forth), I'm still unsure why we're supposed to flip on Harris just because one GOP overt white supremacist (out of several now) is under control - assuming they somehow manage to control him, which they've shown they will not.

Back
Top Bottom