• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anime in-jokes

Loved that series. Just mentioned it to my wife today as I saw they are coming out with Funko Pops for some of them.

Cool!

I remember the series, too. I remember it being strangely choppy. I found out later that it had been heavily edited to fit the US TV broadcasters' idea of what an animated show should look like (no blood, no deaths, no references to sex aside from a little flirting, etc.), and the robot narrator was there to fill in the gaps and gloss over why Jason looked like he just got his ass kicked.

Loved that series. Just mentioned it to my wife today as I saw they are coming out with Funko Pops for some of them.

Cool!

I remember the series, too. I remember it being strangely choppy. I found out later that it had been heavily edited to fit the US TV broadcasters' idea of what an animated show should look like (no blood, no deaths, no references to sex aside from a little flirting, etc.), and the robot narrator was there to fill in the gaps and gloss over why Jason looked like he just got his ass kicked.

Yea, could easily tell as a kid that there was two different animation styles. I got the subtitled original version. Bit different but good. Lots of bad guys getting blown up, thrown into lava, and the youngest member can actually talk instead of making random noises.

theme on 10 chellos:

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/ENeX-R58G4E[/YOUTUBE]

I hope the subtitles were up to the job of conveying nuance:

[bark].jpg

worst tan line.jpg

Attachments

• kakashi tan line.jpg
    kakashi tan line.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom