• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Darwin Award candidate

"Our correspondent reports that the government has set up a commission to investigate motives behind these practices. "
Do we really CARE what the motives are?

Frightened people who believe in magic are getting aerosol poison sprayed in their faces. Check out the people claiming to have been healed, then either fund actual research or prosecute for fraud.

I'm not seeing the problem. Mark 16:18 assures us that if we rest in the arms of Jesus, we can handle all nature of venomous reptiles and even drink poison, and it will not hurt us. Who is to dispute this precious teaching -- furthermore, if you excise this scripture, then you can also excise the resurrection or the transformation of Jesus. I say, if you are true to your faith, you will put a puff adder in your bed tonight and chase down your morning coffee with a liter of dry cleaning fluid. Otherwise your faith is a dead letter and you do not truly trust our Precious Lord. And look -- you have the mark of the beast! I rebuke you!!!

"Our correspondent reports that the government has set up a commission to investigate motives behind these practices. "

Frightened people who believe in magic are getting aerosol poison sprayed in their faces. Check out the people claiming to have been healed, then either fund actual research or prosecute for fraud.
Motive of a cult leader? This shouldn't take much effort to conclude. Money, power. Done.

Now how about charging them with reckless endangerment.

How did this ever become a thing?!

Motive of a cult leader? This shouldn't take much effort to conclude. Money, power. Done.

Now how about charging them with reckless endangerment.

How did this ever become a thing?!
From the article:

Another South African pastor recently drew criticism after pictures of him driving over congregants were posted on social media.

In another incident, a pastor convinced members of his church to eat snakes and grass, and drink fuel for healing.
So much for cult leaders and cult followers. There's nothing desirable about either. I used the phrase "legacy ignorance" in another post, but it also seems to apply here.

Boity Thulo said:
It breaks my heart that our people are so desperate for change, they are so easily duped

That is how I feel about "my people" in America right now too.

Religion can make you crazy stupid. More proof my friends!
I know lots of religious people but not one of them would do any of the things mentioned in that article. Don't misunderstand, they do really bizarre and silly things, but none of those behaviors are self destructive like we see in the video.

Not sure if religion makes people crazy stupid or if its the other way around.

I know lots of religious people but not one of them would do any of the things mentioned in that article. Don't misunderstand, they do really bizarre and silly things, but none of those behaviors are self destructive like we see in the video.

It can't be both?

One man's deeply-held faith is another man's belly laugh.

There's obviously all sorts. Humans are a diverse lot

Back
Top Bottom