• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anti-homeless spikes and other 'defensive urban architecture'

Not all homeless are dangerous, dirty and diseased, so the stereotyping in this thread is not very helpful in a discussion.

this is not mind reading. This is reading a post by someone who doesn't like someone else.
Meh. I read a post by someone who did not like how some particular folks behaved. But you call insist that it is hate, if you must.

I thought so. Did you mean something other than that when you asked, "Shouldn't that lead you to wanting to put things in place to help them instead of putting things in place to shoot spikes into their bodies?"

Because we should only provide help to those who don't make us feel uncomfortable?
Did you think I was suggesting such?

this is not mind reading. This is reading a post by someone who doesn't like someone else.
Meh. I read a post by someone who did not like how some particular folks behaved. But you call insist that it is hate, if you must.

I don't think calling someone 'diseased' and 'possibly sexually dangerous' is really a comment on their behaviour.

I thought so. Did you mean something other than that when you asked, "Shouldn't that lead you to wanting to put things in place to help them instead of putting things in place to shoot spikes into their bodies?"

Huh, I guess I did. I totally forgot that post. :blush:

Because we should only provide help to those who don't make us feel uncomfortable?
Did you think I was suggesting such?

You may not have been but that appeared to me to be a sound conclusion that could be inferred from what you said.

I have a good deal of sympathy for teenagers "loitering" and skateboarding. Most communities provide them with nowhere to go. We build playgrounds for young kids and adults can go to bars and many other places requiring $. But teens often have nowhere they are allowed to hang out and nothing to do. I think communities should push for skateboard parks to be just as much a part of park planning as providing playgrounds.

In my community, youths flock to the numerous coffee shops around town. These places cater to them by staying open very late (for a coffee shop), and mitigate the cost by opening late in the AM.. which sucks for adults that need to get to work and would like to be ablet o stop for a good cup of coffee, by the way.

I don't think calling someone 'diseased' and 'possibly sexually dangerous' is really a comment on their behaviour.
Did credoconsolans refer to homeless people in general (or even the specific persons in question) as 'diseased'? I must have missed it.

The description as 'possibly sexually dangerous' appears to stem from the obscene remarks made, clearly making it a comment on his behavior.

Back
Top Bottom