• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split AOC event disrupted

To notify a split thread.
Here is AOC's recent town-hall meeting: Town Hall: Legislative Victories & Opportunities for Constituents - YouTube

I watched it, and I couldn't tell very well what was going on in that part where the two activists called her a warmongering sellout for voting to support Ukraine. They also admired Tulsi Gabbard for leaving the Democratic Party.

[VIDEO] AOC Left Speechless, As Teens Scream at Her For Being a Sell-Out and WW3 "Warmonger"

AOC a warmonger? Consider:

AOC Condemns Killing of Soleimani: This Was An Act of Aggression Committed by the United States - YouTube - 2020 Jan 6
Over the weekend, Democracy Now! spoke with New York Congressmember Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and asked her response to the assassination of Iranian general Qassem Soleimani. “We need to be tactical about how we can actively resist further escalation on already an unprecedented level of escalation and aggression by the president, and therefore by the United States,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “He did this on behalf of our entire country. And that’s what makes the potential illegality of his action so flagrant, because he did not consult Congress and this was not done with the support of the United States.”

I've seen speculation that those two activists were followers of Lyndon LaRouche, someone who founded a rather eccentric political cult.

AOC tangled with one of LLR's followers about 3 years ago.

‘We Need to Eat the Babies!’ Climate Activist Confronts AOC at New York Town Hall - YouTube
"We need to eat the babies!" A climate change activist confronted Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez during a town hall at the LeFrak City Queens Library in Queens, New York, claiming we only have a few months left: "We got to start eating babies! We don't have enough time!" .
AOC calmly reassured her that we don't have that little time, and that we are not beyond hope.

Outburst at AOC Town Hall Was Staged - FactCheck.org
In the video, the woman is heard saying: “We only have a few months left. I love that you support the Green Deal, but it’s not getting rid of fossil fuel. It’s not going to solve the problem fast enough … I think your next campaign slogan has to be this, ‘We got to start eating babies.’ We don’t have enough time. There’s too much CO2.”

She also removed a jacket to reveal a T-shirt that read, “Save the Planet, Eat the Children.”

Ocasio-Cortez didn’t directly respond to the woman’s comments about eating babies. Instead, she said: “We need to treat the climate crisis with the urgency that it does present; luckily we have more than a few months. We do need to hit net-zero [greenhouse gas emissions] in several years. But I think we all need to understand that there are a lot of solutions that we have and that we can pursue and that if we act in a positive way, there is space for hope.”

She tweeted later
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Hey everyone!
We had a fabulous town hall tonight & I’ll be highlighting some moments from it.
At one point I was concerned there was a woman in crisis & want to ensure we treat the situation compassionately.
Let’s not mock or make a spectacle. &let’s work on Medicare for All!" / Twitter

then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "This person may have been suffering from a mental condition and it’s not okay that the right-wing is mocking her and potentially make her condition or crisis worse. Be a decent human being and knock it off." / Twitter
and
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Turns out the woman yelling was a Trump supporter 🤷🏽‍♀️
Doesn’t rule out potential mental issue (Drs do that) but good to know they were not in crisis.
Earlier this year I was stalked & very nearly hurt by a disturbed person. I don’t take chances & immediately try to de-escalate." / Twitter

Right-wingers gloated about that incident, describing Ms. Eat Babies as one of AOC's followers.

Some LaRouchites took credit:

Lyndon LaRouche PAC on Twitter: "LaRouchePAC trolls AOC, AOC doesn't rule out eating babies. #EatTheBabies" / Twitter
and
Lyndon LaRouche PAC on Twitter: "@RealSaavedra Thanks, that was us. Malthusianism isn't new, Jonathan Swift can tell you that. Satire is always the best. (link)" / Twitter
linking to a page on a LaRouchite site.

Author Jonathan Swift is best known for Gulliver's Travels, but he also wrote "A Modest Proposal": poor people earning some money by selling their babies to rich people to be eaten.

My friend and I confronted AOC and I’ve been locked out of my twitter 😅 : WayOfTheBern on Reddit
Posting a picture of how he was suspended from that platform for 12 hours without any explanation of what rules he broke.

His complete post:
Howdy all!

I’m Jose Vega, and I was asked to write an essay on the logistics of confronting AOC.

First of all, just make sure you’re signed up to receive the emails of any representative in a 50 mile radius. And know they never announce these things ahead of time on purpose! They don’t want people coming from out of state to disrupt the events.

AOC is a Bronx politician and im a Bronx resident. I got the email the day of, got two of my friends, and set off. I knew that I wanted to make a big deal about her hypocrisy but I didn’t want to get caught In the low level issues of immigration, gun control, abortion etc. That stuff will not matter if we’re all dead in a nuclear war.

So my friend went first, but people kept shouting over him so I went after! And so the events of the intervention happened.

Not sure what else to say, but I will plug my conference! You should all register and come in person if you’re able to!
noting
Registration for October 15 Schiller Institute Conference opposing "Green Fascism"
About Us | The Schiller Institute - "OUR BIRTH HAS BEQUEATHED US A HIGHER DESTINY… by Helga Zepp-LaRouche, Founder of the Schiller Institute"
She is the widow of Lyndon LaRouche.

The Schiller Institute | A New Paradigm for the Survival of Civilization
has articles like

AOC didn't respond directly to this issue, but instead:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Another interaction from last night:
“AOC, How did you become worth $29 million dollars??”
“Sir, I wish. My financial disclosures are public. I still owe ~$18k in student loans.”
“I saw it on GOOGLE”
“Not everything on the internet is true”
Then he stormed out?? 🤷🏽‍♀️" / Twitter

She followed up with
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "I don’t own nor trade individual stocks, accept no corporate money to my campaign, & live solely off my congressional salary (which requires us to pay for 2 rents out of pocket).
All of this is publicly disclosed info. I save in a Thrift Savings Plan just like other fed workers." / Twitter

She is right.
Fact Check-No evidence Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has a net worth of $29 million | Reuters

Lauren Boebert mentioned this confrontation.

Lauren Boebert on Twitter: "On the rare occasions that @AOC actually spends time with her constituents, she is reminded that she has sold them out at every turn.
She campaigned as an outsider and has now just morphed into #SandyPelosi! (vid link)" / Twitter

Then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Hey Boebert, you seem to have us confused.
I:
✅ have attended & hosted 100s of community events
✅ hold regular town halls
✅ don’t take a dime in corporate cash
You:
🚮 are bankrolled by corporate PACs, Big Ag, & Oil
🚮 are too scared to hold regular town halls open to all
(pic link)" / Twitter

with a screenshot of LB's tweet. Presumably so there will be a record of it if LB deletes it.

Lauren Boebert on Twitter: "I notice you took a screenshot of my tweet instead of sharing the original one with the video of you getting completely ripped to shreds by your own constituents.
I have governed as I campaigned. You sold out your supporters.
Just own it. You’re the machine now." / Twitter

AOC vows to champion LGBTQ+ rights after hecklers storm New York event | Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | The Guardian
A video online of the 19 October confrontation between Ocasio-Cortez and the hecklers showed one of them badgering her about how a policy providing affordable housing for LGBTQ+ seniors would discriminate against heterosexual people.

Another heckler shouts “there’s only two … genders” – a concept that is discriminatory toward people who identify as non-binary.

One heckler held up a homemade sign in support of Tina Forte, a rightwing candidate from Rockland county running against Ocasio-Cortez in the midterms.
TF was one of the Capitol attackers in the 2021 Jan 6 attacks.

Hey now, insurrection is no reason to take away an American's right to protest.

It is so very satisfying to see AOC won re-election with over 70% of the vote. It seems all progressive members of "The Squad" got re-elected. Sweet schadenfreude!

It is so very satisfying to see AOC won re-election with over 70% of the vote. It seems all progressive members of "The Squad" got re-elected. Sweet schadenfreude!
That was inevitable--they would only have been elected in far-left districts in the first place.

New York 14th Congressional District Election Results 2022: Ocasio-Cortez Defeats Forte - The New York Times
  • AOC (D): 70.6%
  • Tina Forte (R): 27.5%
  • Desi Cuellar (C): 1.9%
New York's 14th Congressional District election, 2022 - Ballotpedia

C = Conservative Party.
AOC was cross-endorsed by the Working Families Party.

AOC was unchallenged in the Democratic primary, with one candidate dropping out before it.

Tina Forte and Desi Cuellar competed in the Republican primary: 67.1% - 31.7% (1,530 - 722 votes). TF is basically a MAGA Republican, complete with participating in the Jan. 6 insurrection. DC is basically a more traditional sort of conservative.

Dropping out of the general election were Hasime Zherka (Independent) and Jonathan Howe (Libertarian).

NY DCCC stiff armed AOC. And has come to regret that.

Back
Top Bottom