• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are you a Free Thinker?

I consider myself a free-thinker. I am a strong atheist but still a Hindu following non-dual belief (Advaita). My 'advaita' does not wholly depend on what is generally written in Hindu scriptures or followed by most Hindus (which envisages a Supreme Spirit and souls). I consider Buddha and the first Sankaracharya as my gurus but differ from both of them. Actually, my views are closer to a predecessor of Sankaracharya - Gaudapada. He was a true atheist (Gaudapada - Wikipedia). I did not have to abandon Hinduism because Hinduism accepts reasonable differences of views. So, it is not necessary that a free-thinker should always be without religion. Buddha too was a free-thinker.

I understand the meaning of the symbol in India, do you realize how that will be interpreted on social media over here? A Nazi symbol on a head. Over here that says Neo-Nazi. Skinheads.

Good of you to point it out to him, but it's not his problem, it's their ignorance so it's their problem, Wiki could set it right.. What could he do? Submit to the ignoramuses and join them? This is not an exclusively US forum.

I understand the meaning of the symbol in India, do you realize how that will be interpreted on social media over here? A Nazi symbol on a head. Over here that says Neo-Nazi. Skinheads.
If you understand, why do you complain? And those who do not know need to know and not have prejudices against it. Swastika does not belong to Nazis.

If you understand, why do you complain? And those who do not know need to know and not have prejudices against it. Swastika does not belong to Nazis.

Not a complaint, an observation .

Back
Top Bottom