• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Assessing Trump's Nightmare Presidency

Trump isn't an atheist. He worships the True GOD, the Orangeness, which consists of a Trinity: fat orange ass, scanty orange junk, moldy orange combover. (Seriously, Trump lacks the smarts and especially the versatility with philosophic concepts to be an atheist. Anarchist maybe, like many an infant is an instinctive anarchist.)

I see him as The High Priest of Mammon.

Mammon is the God of Wealth and Sex and conspicuous consumption and public adulation and earthly power. He has been his whole life.

How he managed to rebrand himself as a conservative Christian I don't understand. But he did. The guy is brilliant, at least in some ways.
Tom
Is he brilliant or are conservative christians superbly clueless?

Trump isn't an atheist. He worships the True GOD, the Orangeness, which consists of a Trinity: fat orange ass, scanty orange junk, moldy orange combover. (Seriously, Trump lacks the smarts and especially the versatility with philosophic concepts to be an atheist. Anarchist maybe, like many an infant is an instinctive anarchist.)

I see him as The High Priest of Mammon.

Mammon is the God of Wealth and Sex and conspicuous consumption and public adulation and earthly power. He has been his whole life.

How he managed to rebrand himself as a conservative Christian I don't understand. But he did. The guy is brilliant, at least in some ways.
Tom

He beat Hillary Clinton to the White House. You tell me.
Tom

IIRC, LoAmmo was Artillery.
So, probably very similar lectures.

I wasn't going by my experience, really, i was never qwite in the circle of people that would have been Nuremburgified.

-except-

I certainly read the news articles when the Nuke War officer explained the safeties in place, and they made sense based on my experiences.

Kind of reminds me of the USS SorrySara exercise blasting a hole in a Turkish ship with the Sea Sparrow (NSSMS) some 3 decades ago, proving the oft laughed at Surface Mode to be fully functional.
TAO: Prepare to fire missile on target
Enlisted FC: Arm and Tune missile
TAO: Launch missile
Enlisted FC: Sir, are you ordering the firing of a live missile?
TAO: Fire the fucking missile (colorful language mine)
....boom...4 dead Turks...

Note that the hit didn't do all that much--yes, they can engage a surface target, doesn't mean they can stop it.

Well duh a tiny intercept missile hitting a 376 foot destroyer isn't exactly an appropriate target. But it could do quite a bit of destruction to a speed boat; if it was a planned launch verses a naval fuckup, with officers confusing simulation and stimulation...

Maybe there's a good Stripes quote to cover this, but unfortunately never saw that one...

Stuptify Me

Tom

So the brilliant ones must be the conservative christians?
How about Clownstick does have skills at charming those that want something? And conservative Christians wanted something real bad, the power to roll back Roe V Wade. FFvC got his crown and the amoral minority has just about gotten their tear down of Roe V Wade.

And after 8 years of a Democratic president (Obama), HRC was not exactly a good charismatic choice. And Americans seem to have a strong preference for charismatic presidents...stupidly enough...

Americans seem to have a strong preference for charismatic presidents...stupidly enough...

Biden is about as engaging as watching paint dry, so there must be limits to the appeal of charisma.

Americans seem to have a strong preference for charismatic presidents...stupidly enough...

Biden is about as engaging as watching paint dry, so there must be limits to the appeal of charisma.

Hey, after four years of waking up and checking the news to see if we were invading Mexico, Wakanda, or Hollywood, i found drying paint VERY charismatic.

Tom

So the brilliant ones must be the conservative christians?

You're the one who used the term "brilliant". Explain what you meant.
What I know is that Trump and his supporters outperformed one of the most experienced, connected, and funded candidates in recent history, and her supporters.
That's all.
Tom

Note that the hit didn't do all that much--yes, they can engage a surface target, doesn't mean they can stop it.

Well duh a tiny intercept missile hitting a 376 foot destroyer isn't exactly an appropriate target. But it could do quite a bit of destruction to a speed boat; if it was a planned launch verses a naval fuckup, with officers confusing simulation and stimulation...

Maybe there's a good Stripes quote to cover this, but unfortunately never saw that one...

Yeah, that's about the only surface intercept role I see for them--against light craft on a suicide run.

Hey, after four years of waking up and checking the news to see if we were invading Mexico, Wakanda, or Hollywood, i found drying paint VERY charismatic.
Paint and watching professional golf...

Not all have been charismatic, but when one is and one isn't, the dice are loaded. FFvC pretty much broke all molds and patterns.

Back
Top Bottom