• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Attention Climate Change Deniers: Can you deny this?

Note the heat map in the OP, shows that it isn't just the 13 months that is of concern, but that the most extreme heat differentials are concentrated at the poles with temps 5-9 degrees above normal. Not only is this the pattern that AGW models predict, but its the pattern most likely to produce some of the more catastrophic outcomes, including rising sea levels and the disruption of ocean currents.

JonA,

Are you saying that the 13 straight months is meaningless, or that global warming inevitable?

I am saying that our goal ought be the improvement of human welfare, not a narrow-minded obsession with the number on a thermometer.

JonA,

Are you saying that the 13 straight months is meaningless, or that global warming inevitable?

I am saying that our goal ought be the improvement of human welfare, not a narrow-minded obsession with the number on a thermometer.

And apparently your ignorance of basic science is so dangerously extreme that you don't grasp the connection between what that number on a thermometer represents and human welfare. Your like a parent who yells at the doctor "I don't care about some meaningless 105 degree number on your thermometer, I just care whether my child is sick!"

JonA,

The "number on the thermometer" is a shorthand way of expressing the expected potential effects on human welfare from global climate change. That is not hard for most people to comprehend.

Back
Top Bottom