• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Attention question?

tupac chopra

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
I am god
So I'm sitting in one room and there are some noise coming from the other room. None of it grabs my attention until my name is mentioned, at which point I am aware of it.
Is that an automatic response or a conscious one, and how would we decide?

I suppose I'm asking is there a part of the brain that we know automatically responds to this, nd can be measured in some way?

So I'm sitting in one room and there are some noise coming from the other room. None of it grabs my attention until my name is mentioned, at which point I am aware of it.

The brain gathers and processes far more information from the senses than is represented in conscious form. Information is filtered for relevance, sensory cues, need for attention, reflex actions bypass conscious thought processes, etc.

I suppose I'm asking is there a part of the brain that we know automatically responds to this, nd can be measured in some way?
Actually, all it means is you're the devil. :diablotin:

Back
Top Bottom