• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Australia confiscates guns because of religious beliefs

SimpleDon

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Social Justice
The right's and libertarians everywhere absolute worse nightmare come true.

Solid proof that the registration of guns and gun owners leads to the arbitrary confiscation of guns by an evil, capricious government. Doubling down on the pain is that the guns were taken away because of the gun owner's religious beliefs.

Here is the whole story, I have removed the 'scare quotation marks' from the headline as their only purpose was to further demean the gentleman and his religion.

Pastafarian posed with colander on head for gun licence to honour his Spaghetti Monster religion

Disability worker Guy Albon donned the cooking utensil to honour the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster but has had his four guns taken away by police.

483189_4909910018578_917573033_n.jpg

A man who posed with a colander on his head for a gun licence photo claimed it was important to his religion — the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Guy Albon, 30, a disability worker, successfully argued he should be allowed to wear the pasta draining utensil in his licence photo because it was a religious head piece.

He has vowed to continue the good fight for individual religious freedom when he renews his driver's license by again insisting that they take his picture with the sacred headdress on. As he says, “What are they going to do — take my car away?”

The right's and libertarians everywhere absolute worse nightmare come true.

Solid proof that the registration of guns and gun owners leads to the arbitrary confiscation of guns by an evil, capricious government. Doubling down on the pain is that the guns were taken away because of the gun owner's religious beliefs.

Here is the whole story, I have removed the 'scare quotation marks' from the headline as their only purpose was to further demean the gentleman and his religion.

Pastafarian posed with colander on head for gun licence to honour his Spaghetti Monster religion

Disability worker Guy Albon donned the cooking utensil to honour the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster but has had his four guns taken away by police.

A man who posed with a colander on his head for a gun licence photo claimed it was important to his religion — the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Guy Albon, 30, a disability worker, successfully argued he should be allowed to wear the pasta draining utensil in his licence photo because it was a religious head piece.

He has vowed to continue the good fight for individual religious freedom when he renews his driver's license by again insisting that they take his picture with the sacred headdress on. As he says, “What are they going to do — take my car away?”

Either they get rid of religious exemptions or they allow all of them. They can't pick and choose.

I hope he takes the good fight to the Supreme Court if necessary.

I love the manner of his protest...feel bad for the repercussions. I hope he does take it to the top court of the land.

If other people can wear rags on their heads, beanies or whatnot, for their religion, why not a colander if that's what your god demands?

I was just reading the US requirements for visa photos--and his hat would have been unacceptable.

Hats are only permitted if it's something you wear all the time.

I was just reading the US requirements for visa photos--and his hat would have been unacceptable.

Hats are only permitted if it's something you wear all the time.

It was not a visa photo.

But ID photo requirements tend to be quite similar because they're driven by the same basic factors.

I've used identical photos (one negative, many prints) for visas for something like 20 countries.

Back
Top Bottom