• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ben Carson 2016: AP History May Cause Your HS Senior to Join ISIS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/01/ben-carson-ap-us-history_n_5910982.html

Notice the sin isn't what America did, but talking about what America did.

Run Ben Run.

How evil "we" are? Did he suddenly forget that this is 2014, not 1850 and that none of us were alive at this time? Or is he falling for the brain dead idea of collective responsibility that has brought about so much evil upon the world?

you really should read all the posts. if you had, you would have read this

Judging just by the quote you supplied, I would say the "sin" he is complaining about isn't talking about what America did but cherry-picking what is talked about to give a biased view.

If that's true, then he's an idiot. Here's the curriculum guide he's rambling on about.

Here's the thing. If you don't understand slavery, as practiced in the US, then you don't understand the US, at any point in time, including today - if only through stereotypes and the black/white wealth disparities. Same thing with the treatment of Native Americans. And there is a section on the Japanese people we fought - in WW2, which is kind of important. The word "evil" appears once - in discussing the growing influence of muckrakers in the Progressive Era of roughly a century ago. In other words, despite his notable advocacy for literacy (and I do commend them)...he needs to read things.

Emphasis mine

I guess that it boils down to what the purpose is for an education. Conservatives seem to believe that it is to produce more uninformed, unimaginative people like, like, what is the word that I am searching for? Oh, yes, more conservatives like themselves.

Isn't the standard playbook to play to the base to win the primary and then move to the center?
And look how that worked for Romney. Once the stupid comes out the piehole, it is there for all to be reminded.
Actually, well enough that he won his party's nomination and then wasn't taken to task for his massive swing to the center by the media. Just not enough to win the election.

And look how that worked for Romney. Once the stupid comes out the piehole, it is there for all to be reminded.
Actually, well enough that he won his party's nomination and then wasn't taken to task for his massive swing to the center by the media. Just not enough to win the election.
Which is the entire point of running for office in a major party. The media didn't have to take him to task, because most of centrist voters could see for themselves.

Which is the entire point of running for office in a major party. The media didn't have to take him to task, because most of centrist voters could see for themselves.
Not as many that should have though. Romney the Republican Primary candidate would have been obliterated in the General Election. Romney the "Lets pretend I didn't say a word in the primary" candidate did respectably well in the popular vote category. Obama slammed him in the Battleground states, but not by a ton.

Not as many that should have though. Romney the Republican Primary candidate would have been obliterated in the General Election. Romney the "Lets pretend I didn't say a word in the primary" candidate did respectably well in the popular vote category. Obama slammed him in the Battleground states, but not by a ton.
What Romney "should have done" is irrelevant - his failure to get elected indicates it was not successful.

What Romney "should have done" is irrelevant - his failure to get elected indicates it was not successful.
A moderate Romney wouldn't have likely won the Republican Primary, so he wouldn't have even gotten to the point to lose in the General Election.

Back
Top Bottom