• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ben Carson Origin Story in Question

The whooshing sound you are hearing is the air being let out of an OP - the evaluation of 'redemptive' story telling (and whether or not they sell) depends on whose ox is gored. Moreover, anyone lamely hair-pulling over someone who might have considered his youthful behavior as a major shortcoming, when by Obama or Clinton standards that person was a choir boy, is as dumb as it is desperate.

Problem is maxparrish​, Clinton and Obama have people who actually remember their behavior. Ben was wallpaper as far as those who knew him. We don't need new wallpaper in the WH. We need someone who has a record of doing social stuff, like leading, to feel we know and trust her.

Who knows. For all we know Ben could be a left over Soviet plant who needs to build a past that we can buy.

Delusional embellishment. My experience with evangelicals is that the testimony gets more intense as time goes on. The glassy-eyed oohs and aahs that the teller gets from fellow believers reinforces the narrative. I think many come to believe the story that they tell.

I do not believe that habitual liars begin to believe their embellished, or completely made up, stories. Not for one second. They are just very good liars.

Jesus Christ! Why does everything have to have an origin story these days?

They're going to ruin Ben Carson just like they ruined Darth Vader!

Ben Carson before Jesus:
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stmzlKVYncw[/YOUTUBE]

The whooshing sound you are hearing is the air being let out of an OP - the evaluation of 'redemptive' story telling (and whether or not they sell) depends on whose ox is gored. Moreover, anyone lamely hair-pulling over someone who might have considered his youthful behavior as a major shortcoming, when by Obama or Clinton standards that person was a choir boy, is as dumb as it is desperate.

Problem is maxparrish​, Clinton and Obama have people who actually remember their behavior. Ben was wallpaper as far as those who knew him. We don't need new wallpaper in the WH. We need someone who has a record of doing social stuff, like leading, to feel we know and trust her.

Who knows. For all we know Ben could be a left over Soviet plant who needs to build a past that we can buy.

I'd like to think you were joking, but given your prior posts that is unlikely. So now he's a Manchurian candidate, is he? My...my...

REM-http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/Uberbah/whoosh.gif

No, the wooshing sound is what you hear just before you hit rock bottom. When you are forced to defend Ben Carson, you've hit rock bottom.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/ben-carson-2016-childhood-violence/index.html

But nine friends, classmates and neighbors who grew up with Carson told CNN they have no memory of the anger or violence the candidate has described.

That person is unrecognizable to those whom CNN interviewed, who knew him during those formative years.

All of the people interviewed expressed surprise about the incidents Carson has described. No one challenged the stories directly. Some of those interviewed expressed skepticism, but noted that they could not know what had happened behind closed doors.

So you think Ben's story was accurate, embellished, made-up, or delusional?

Liar.

Pathologically.

The media also can't confirm the "holdup at the fast food joint" story he told. When questioned about that, he was also evasive with a lame excuse.

I don't know. Putin would just take off his shirt and then start wailing on Carson while he's swooning with desire.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/ben-carson-2016-childhood-violence/index.html

But nine friends, classmates and neighbors who grew up with Carson told CNN they have no memory of the anger or violence the candidate has described.

That person is unrecognizable to those whom CNN interviewed, who knew him during those formative years.

All of the people interviewed expressed surprise about the incidents Carson has described. No one challenged the stories directly. Some of those interviewed expressed skepticism, but noted that they could not know what had happened behind closed doors.

So you think Ben's story was accurate, embellished, made-up, or delusional?

Delusional, he claims to have talked directly to a god. There is no such a thing, they don't exist.

Although there is some appealing symmetry in the idea that his imaginary anger issues were solved by his faith in an imaginary being.

Funny - I always thought his origin story was that he ate some radioactive grain given to him by the ghost of the mummy of Thutmose III

I just read an opinion piece today about the apparent requirement now that every presidential candidate now has to have a humble origins fable about themselves or a close ancestor.

Fair warning, this comes from the New York Times, considered by some here to be a disreputable rag, its content certain to question their fondest held beliefs. That is it often contains actual facts. I fully understand that risk my credibility by quoting from it.

To run for president this year, it’s not enough to be a neurosurgeon, a senator or a former secretary of state. One must be a neurosurgeon who chased his mother with a hammer as a child; a senator whose father was beaten toothless in prison and fled Cuba with $100 sewn into his underwear; or a former secretary of state whose mother went without food as a first grader.

If you dare to read the whole piece it is here.

Well to admit it, telling people you are a trust fund baby who never had to work a day in his life just doesn't connect with the takers.

Delusional
He's another religious junky. And in Carson's case we don't have proof of anything. We don't have jail or juvenile detention or even witness corroboration. I think delusional is the best word.

What we do know about him demonstrates he's none of the things he says happened. But religious people eat this shit up. His story is typical shit in the world of religious woo. I know a couple people who are exactly the same. If Carson a YEC too?

Ben Carson is a YEC.
Along with Huckabee and Santorum.
I suspect Ted Cruz is also, but I don’t recall him saying anything about it. He doesn’t answer questions about evolution AFAIK.

Article said:
Ben Carson is a creationist who believes life on Earth began 6,000 years ago … <snip>

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/15/earth-donald-trump-evolution-republican

Back
Top Bottom