• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ben Carson's Passing Grade in a "Honesty" Psychology Class Didn't Happen

...I know that no one corroborated her story...

Her story was told under oath and televised.

If there were one crack the entire Republican party would have squirmed through it.

No one corroborated her story. Under oath means nothing. No one corroborated her story.

- - - Updated - - -

That's going a little too far. If it is discovered he is not a brain surgeon, then he might be a pathological liar.

Ben Carson is a story teller. Truth should never inhibit a better story. Story tellers want to keep their audience interested and this means the interesting parts are polished and enhanced. For the majority of story tellers, it never matters. If you happen to be running for President, and you're not a career politician, it's can be a problem.

A career politician expects everything he says in public to be examined by a critical audience. Ben Carson has never had to face a critical audience. Up until some idiot told him he should run for President, his contact wit the press has been feel good pieces about how wonderful it is to cut open a person's skull and save their life. Add a rags to riches bio and everything is easy.

There's really nothing wrong with being a story teller, but if Ben Carson wants to be President, he needs to have some better stories.

The biggest problem with Dr Carson is that he is a religious fundamentalist. He takes his religious beliefs seriously and his entire being revolves around them.

He is a member of the American Taliban.

Representative Keith Ellison of Minnesota takes his religion very seriously. Why aren't you concerned about him? Obama sat under a hateful racist preacher for 20 years. You weren't concerned about that. Hypocrite.

If there were one crack the entire Republican party would have squirmed through it.

No one corroborated her story. Under oath means nothing. No one corroborated her story.

You mean the stories of what happened when the two of them were alone?

Men who harass know when to harass.

Now you're falling on your face. She couldn't corroborate her story. You're smear merchants.

Now you're falling on your face. She couldn't corroborate her story. You're smear merchants.

You are smearing Anita Hill.

Nothing she said has been shown to be false.

She made the claims. He denied them.

The committee refused to let a person testify who may have corroborated this kind of behavior from Thomas before.

Another witness was waiting to testify against Thomas, with information that could have helped corroborate Hill's allegations. But Angela Wright, then a North Carolina journalist who had been subpoenaed by the Senate Judiciary Committee and left waiting in a Washington hotel for three days, was never called to testify.

Wright heard Anita Hill and thought, "I believe her because he did it to me." Her testimony might have changed history. She was subpoenaed. Why wasn't she called to testify -- and what would she have said if she had been?

In 1994, Florence George Graves cleared up those mysteries in the Washington Post, revealing the intricate -- and bipartisan -- behind-the-scenes maneuvering by several Senate Judiciary Committee members to discourage Wright's testimony. The article, entitled "The Other Woman," uncovered a surprising agreement among top Republicans and Democrats not to call Wright, apparently because they feared either that her testimony would create even greater political chaos or that it would doom Thomas' nomination.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/schuster-institute-for-investigative-journalism/what-they-didnt-tell-you-_b_5070620.html

The committee refused to let a person testify who may have corroborated this kind of behavior from Thomas before.

Another witness was waiting to testify against Thomas, with information that could have helped corroborate Hill's allegations. But Angela Wright, then a North Carolina journalist who had been subpoenaed by the Senate Judiciary Committee and left waiting in a Washington hotel for three days, was never called to testify.

Wright heard Anita Hill and thought, "I believe her because he did it to me." Her testimony might have changed history. She was subpoenaed. Why wasn't she called to testify -- and what would she have said if she had been?

In 1994, Florence George Graves cleared up those mysteries in the Washington Post, revealing the intricate -- and bipartisan -- behind-the-scenes maneuvering by several Senate Judiciary Committee members to discourage Wright's testimony. The article, entitled "The Other Woman," uncovered a surprising agreement among top Republicans and Democrats not to call Wright, apparently because they feared either that her testimony would create even greater political chaos or that it would doom Thomas' nomination.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/schuster-institute-for-investigative-journalism/what-they-didnt-tell-you-_b_5070620.html

Bull. No one corroborated her story and a bunch of people defended Clarence Thomas as an honorable man. She was all by herself. Shame on you.

Bull. No one corroborated her story and a bunch of people defended Clarence Thomas as an honorable man. She was all by herself. Shame on you.

People that weren't there said what about the events that you like?

Pointing out idiots and liars when they are clearly visible is not despicable.

What is despicable is the people who turn a blind eye to these idiots just because their delusion also includes the standard Republican economic delusions.

I agree with you we need to point out the liars in both parties. They're corrupt and need a thorough cleansing and everyone needs to demand government of the people, by the people, for the people. Wouldn't you agree?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Lefties lie.

You really are all wound up about lefties aren't you? You must have picked up this prejudice somewhere "up on the hill." Seriously, as with Thomas, the issue is whether or not this guy is a crackpot who is willing to sell out the American people. All indications are that he is a compulsive liar with a really dim sense of reality. So far his little story telling adventures have clued in very many people. I don't think we will be seeing a President Carson, a nominee Carson, or a Carson at all on the political scene shortly. The guy does have problems connecting with reality.:thinking:

Oh, yes, he's a compulsive liar. Oh, yes. It's a wonderment he can feed himself, huh. It's just a wonderment how he gets more popular and raises more money the more y'all smear him. You guys never learn. Such haters. How about discussing the issues?

Obviously you're new here. So I will try to help you.

This is a forum full of people who often disagree with each other. But it is also a place for intellectuals who are either formally or well self-educated. When you have an issue you want to discuss, start a new thread. Keep the topic narrow, provide support either in the form of a reasonable opinion or question, and it usually helps to post to some kind of source that has some credibility.

Your use of the word "Leftists" and "Liberals" as a wide, sweeping generalization that you seem to believe carries with it some sort of self-authenticating definition is completely improper.

What do you mean by the word "leftist" or "liberal?" You have to establish that first. There are all kinds of leftists, all kinds of liberals--the spectrum is a lot wider than you apparently think it is. For example, I consider myself to be a leftist for the most part but I also believe in the profit motive. I am extremist about some things and even conservative about others. The same applies to most people here in terms of the gamut their values and beliefs run.

A lot of the things you've said have been proven factually incorrect in short order. You should take that as a learning opportunity rather than as an affront to your pride.

And real quick, what will you say when Ben Carson drops out of the race? He's going to. It's certain. You probably aren't familiar with a guy named Paul Tsongas. Paual Tsongas was the first Democrat to put his name up for the POTUS nomination back in 1992. He actually got some press for a while and then faded. And so it goes in every Presidential election. Carson will be gone soon. And what good will that money that people are now sending him have done? The point is that you can say that a guy is popular today, but it's dangerous to do so when you aren't familiar with recent POTUS elections. The clowns rise to the top early on and then fade quickly. Will you come back and say, "Okay, you guys were right. Ben Carson did raise a lot of money but it turned out he really wasn't ever going to be President after all"?

Another facts-be-damned post by the new conservative.

More evidence the guy is a pathological liar.

That's going a little too far. If it is discovered he is not a brain surgeon, then he might be a pathological liar.

Ben Carson is a story teller. Truth should never inhibit a better story. Story tellers want to keep their audience interested and this means the interesting parts are polished and enhanced. For the majority of story tellers, it never matters. If you happen to be running for President, and you're not a career politician, it's can be a problem.

A career politician expects everything he says in public to be examined by a critical audience. Ben Carson has never had to face a critical audience. Up until some idiot told him he should run for President, his contact wit the press has been feel good pieces about how wonderful it is to cut open a person's skull and save their life. Add a rags to riches bio and everything is easy.

There's really nothing wrong with being a story teller, but if Ben Carson wants to be President, he needs to have some better stories.

Where I grew up, "storyteller" was a nice way of saying "liar".

e.g. "He's just telling stories..."

Carson is indeed a yarn-spinner, and should have stuck to telling tales on his front porch, instead he put them down on paper as real events in his life and got called out on them as untruths. If he wants to be president he needs to come up with stories that can be verified.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest problem with Dr Carson is that he is a religious fundamentalist. He takes his religious beliefs seriously and his entire being revolves around them.

Representative Keith Ellison of Minnesota takes his religion very seriously. Why aren't you concerned about him?

Because he is my representative and is doing a fine job.

- - - Updated - - -

Representative Keith Ellison of Minnesota takes his religion very seriously. Why aren't you concerned about him?

Because he is my representative and is doing a fine job.

I grew up in Minneapolis in the 60s and 70s. Minneapolis is a sewer. How many of those Muslims in north Minneapolis joined ISIS?

I grew up in Minneapolis in the 60s and 70s. Minneapolis is a sewer. How many of those Muslims in north Minneapolis joined ISIS?
We are all ISIS now. The Metrodome is where we behead Christians.

Minneapolis is a sewer thanks to democrats. I had enough in 1982 and never regretted leaving.

Getting back to this crazy story.

How exactly did the teacher of this course know that the people who left were dishonest and the lone straggler was honest?

And why was there a photographer on hand? What if everybody stayed and struggled as well?

And the ten dollars? What exactly was it for? Staying and taking a difficult test that was a hoax?

Why does that deserve a monetary reward?

Minneapolis is a sewer thanks to democrats. I had enough in 1982 and never regretted leaving.

Wherever you moved, I hope they build a Mosque next door to you so you can learn about Muslims...that they can be okay people. There are a number of Muslims in my community. They are nowhere near as big a nuisance as the Jehovah's Witnesses. Feel lucky your Muslim neighbor is not a JW.

Wherever you moved, I hope they build a Mosque next door to you so you can learn about Muslims...that they can be okay people. There are a number of Muslims in my community. They are nowhere near as big a nuisance as the Jehovah's Witnesses. Feel lucky your Muslim neighbor is not a JW.

JWs aren't murdering Christians. Muslims are.

The left expects every black person to vote democrat. When the left sees a black conservative it makes them angry.

When you see one of them straw people, you just post a quote and let us know. Mmkay?

What an ignorant statement. Do you have anything of relevance, or are you just another propaganda parrot?

What an ignorant statement. Do you have anything of relevance, or are you just another propaganda parrot?

LOL. Seriously, right Out Loud.
Your insult-fest is pretty juvenile. Chill out, dude. Have some fun. Learn something. Enjoy the fellowship of people who like to discuss politics.
Or, not.

Your call.

We've been here for a long time having conversations. You just barged in and started belching. KInda funny.

Back
Top Bottom