• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ben Carson's portrait with Jesus

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
ben-carson-jesus.jpg

The portrait is in his house according to this New York Post article:
http://nypost.com/2015/11/08/ben-carson-features-portrait-of-him-and-jesus-in-home/

I already wouldn't be voting for the guy so this is no big deal to me, but to many conservative readers of the Post, seeing a dark Jesus is going to make their hair turn white.

People are already calling it "Klingon Jesus."

I don't know anything about art, but if you look at the size of Klingon Jesus' hand compared to the size of his head, he's either sitting about ten feet behind young misseur Carson and his arm is ridiculously long, or he's just got a giant fucking hand.

It's also possible that the picture is distorted because it is tilting away from the camera.

But of course the Klingon head is still going to be the Klingon head.

But who knows? That may be exactly what Jesus looked like.

Didn't I see the person in the painting in one of those 70's blacksploitation movies?

Are you sure that isn't Billy Ocean?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those big hands are holding a young Ben Carson back and keeping him out of trouble. I don't know if you've heard, but he was a bit of a rapscallion when he was a teenager. Even tried to stab someone!

Of course if he were a Democratic candidate this would make him a "thug," but since he's a Republican with Black Klingon Jesus in his corner, all is forgiven as mere youthful indiscretion.

Those big hands are holding a young Ben Carson back and keeping him out of trouble. I don't know if you've heard, but he was a bit of a rapscallion when he was a teenager. Even tried to stab someone!

Of course if he were a Democratic candidate this would make him a "thug," but since he's a Republican with Black Klingon Jesus in his corner, all is forgiven as mere youthful indiscretion.

Exactly what a late night host said. Only Carson would be vociferously trying to make us all believe he REALLY stabbed someone...and still want to be our president.

This is sooooo creepy. No, we have already had one president, Bush, who claimed to be a personal buddy with God and look where he took us.

The Guardian
Ewen MacAskill
Friday 7 October 2005 02.28 EDT
George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month. Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.
One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Back
Top Bottom