• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Benghazi Hearing Final Score: Gowdy 0, Clinton Won

Ford,

You have one MSM source (the Atlantic) characterizing other sources, and if their FOX news analysis was a sample of its accuracy, then we know it's not credible. I listened to FOX this morning and the take on the hearings were mixed - some thought she was let off the hook, others thought not. For example, the WP chief thought many questions were effective, but the chief was frustrated by the lack of coordinated followup on clearly new information.

And yes, some of the Committee members the first few hours were poor questioners, and Hillary danced away easily. But as the hearing ground on things got a little dicey for the old gal, so she held her upper lip and simply ignored answering.

Some of the better cross exams came from:

Rep. Brooks who did an effective job of showing, via emails, how little attention Clinton was paying to Libya in 2012 compared to 2011. Conclusion: either Clinton’s attention was not on her job or lots of Benghazi emails have been destroyed. Or both.

Rep. Westmoreland showed that Clinton was aware of only two occasions where the compound came under attack out of 20 times that occurred. He asked how many times the embassy would have to be attacked before she did something to improve security, she ducked by lamely saying she relied on her security officials to tell her.

He asked if Ambassador Chris Stevens had Hillary Clinton’s personal email, as did Sid Blumenthal did. Nope, so he couldn’t ask Clinton personally for more security. Clinton went defensive, saying that Stevens never suggested that we shut down the facility. Westmoreland notes that he not talking about shutting it down but about better security.

Rep. Pompeo did a good job. He asks why no one was fired over Benghazi, Clinton she had no authority to fire anyone. (LOL).

Pompeo charted the 600 requests for security for Libya, none reached her desk but dozens of Blumenthal emails reached her desk. (Ouch).

Relying on his chart, Pompeo asks why she relied on “security professionals.” given that Stevens was the best expert on the security requirements in Libya?

Pompeo showed a cable that State Department officials were discussing security in Libya with an al Qaeda fighter just days before the attack in Benghazi attack. Clinton says she’s unaware of it.

Rep Jordan gave a lashing to Hillary. Jordan showed there was no protest or demonstration, based on eyewitnesses plus Greg Hicks, the number two diplomat in Libya. Rather there was a terrorist attack and we (she) knew it at the time. Yet Clinton immediately released a statement trying to tie the event to a protest over a video. Why?

Clinton says she was just noting what some people were saying. Jordan pulls an email in which she told her family that this was an al Qaeda-affiliated group attack. But she didn’t tell this to the American people. And she told the Egyptian president the next day that this attack had nothing to do with the video. Why didn’t she tell this to the American people?

Clinton said it was confusing and conflicting information (even if this “confusion” isn’t reflected in what she told her family and the Egyptian president.).

Jordan is hammering Clinton now based on emails from her spokesperson Victoria Nuland. They show that while Americans are still fighting for their lives, Clinton’s staff is trying to figure out how to spin this, talking about what to say “if pressed”.

In any event, the MSM knows Hillary is the only horse on the racetrack, so now that Biden has tucked his tail and bolted, one should expect the MSM to rally and covertly editorialize for Hillary (they dread Bernie getting the nod because they fear he would lose). Perhaps they will do us a favor and declare Hillary the winner of debates 2,3,4,5, and 6?
In anycase, baring a confession by Hillary, they will always declare "reality" for the tens of millions who never watch.

Last edited:
We really need a Congressional inquiry into why so many right wing pundits are being bullied by the MSM into not reporting the facts about how badly Clinton was destroyed by this Congressional inquiry.

I wonder if it's embarrassing or uncomfortable for Gowdy and the others when confronted with a True Believer.

I notice that in six pages of snarling and barking over right-wing critics, not a single poster has even attempted to show that criticism to be unfair or inaccurate.

It seems we all accept she is guilty, but some are hoping she will continue to skate.

Very interesting.

In reading the CNN and other website news from the US about Clinton, I keep reading stories praising her. CNN currently has an article up there about how she had a great October. It reads more like a campaign add than a news article. I was skeptical before but now I am convinced that she is indeed a darling of the media. Bernie Sanders is getting snubbed by them. All the news outlets were also saying she "clearly won" the debate... which is highly questionable. Is this what your news will look like for the next year or so?

I notice that in six pages of snarling and barking over right-wing critics, not a single poster has even attempted to show that criticism to be unfair or inaccurate.

It seems we all accept she is guilty, but some are hoping she will continue to skate.

Very interesting.

Yes, we all accept that she's guilty of running for President and being unfairly targeted by a shallow politically motivated "investigation" that even some stalwart right wingers are beginning to realize is dog and pony show.

In reading the CNN and other website news from the US about Clinton, I keep reading stories praising her. CNN currently has an article up there about how she had a great October. It reads more like a campaign add than a news article. I was skeptical before but now I am convinced that she is indeed a darling of the media. Bernie Sanders is getting snubbed by them. All the news outlets were also saying she "clearly won" the debate... which is highly questionable. Is this what your news will look like for the next year or so?

Of course. The MSM is almost giddy with excitement, their last Democratic hope is on an upswing - due in no small part to MSM "reporting" their truth as "the truth". For them (and many of their comrades on the left) the process is the vindication. If Bernie loses to Hillary, it must be because he is "wrong" on the issues. How do they know - because they said she won, so she won, so he must be wrong.

Mind you, a sober analyst would have noted that aside from a poorly managed questioning process, it did confirm what most critics suspected and gave another hint to how the debacle came about. What Hillary did was effectively continue her denial and refusal to answer some key questions. That she looked "cool" under fire and did not lose it is considered "a win".

Now if you must focus on the mechanics as more important than the content, the last actual "win" of someone in the hostile witness chair was by Ollie North. He did more than stay unflappable, he flipped it into a trial of the Democrats and their apparent sympathies for quasi-Communist regimes. Only the MSM left could go with nutty joy over mere dodging.

So ya, like many predicted weeks ago (e.g. Limbaugh) the fix was in. As long as she didn't confess, and stayed cool, the press would declare her victor.

Not entirely. The news will also mention the Kardashians several times.

Very interesting.
Did you get the okay from Fox News to plagiarize that utter distortion of reality?
So ya, like many predicted weeks ago (e.g. Limbaugh) the fix was in. As long as she didn't confess, and stayed cool, the press would declare her victor.
Quoting Rush Limbaugh makes it hard to believe you are really interested in the truth.

Very interesting.

Yes, we all accept that she's guilty of running for President and being unfairly targeted by a shallow politically motivated "investigation" that even some stalwart right wingers are beginning to realize is dog and pony show.

Actually one "stalwart". And so far, not a single poster has shown her to be being unfairly targeted REGARDLESS of motivation. You are welcome to try.

Very interesting.

If by "we" you mean "you", then yes.

I've never seen any indication that she was guilty of anything more than a regularatory infraction, and even that is common.

But what about the "drip, drip, drip"?!

This has a feel like 2012 when Romney's team was flabbergasted over getting destroyed in the electoral college.

You've gotta be kidding. She was hammered with Benghazi committee crap all summer, faithfully regurgitated by the MSM.

Face it: she's won two major victories, one of them hand delivered by the GOP.

But what about the "drip, drip, drip"?!

Oh it's still there. Only now it is the sound of Maxie's tears hitting the pillow as he tries to come to grips with the fact that Hillary wasn't hauled away in leg irons at the end of the day.

Actually one "stalwart". And so far, not a single poster has shown her to be being unfairly targeted REGARDLESS of motivation. You are welcome to try.

We needn't even try. Republicans have already set this committee is a Clinton lynch mob.

1. McCarthy"

Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought.

NOt much in isolation until one notes it's the eighth committee on Benghazi. All the others found no Clinton culpability. So why this one and why the email server a part of it?

2. Benghazi hearing: The high-tech lynching of Hillary Clinton http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/23/opinions/nelson-benghazi-hillary-clinton/

I was a new attorney. I remember feeling then, as I do now, that certain factions of the Republican Party are obsessed with the Clintons, and in particular, Hillary Clinton. And I can state unequivocally after watching Thursday's Benghazi House committee hearing and considering the email transcripts, media statements, debates and intense partisan focus on the former secretary of state for the past few years that she has been treated unfairly. Unprofessionally. And frankly, disrespectfully.
I believe that like Justice Clarence Thomas before her, she has been publicly lynched in a way that we Americans only reserve for uppity black men and uppity professional women who don't know their place. She has been dragged through the media and partisan mud of Capital Hill politics and asked to answer questions that she has already answered. She has been attacked. Accused. And berated by members of Congress who should know better.

150224124907-sophia-nelson-medium-plus-169.jpg

Sophia A. Nelson, republican with experience on such committees.

If you go through the inquisition you will find little respect shown for the former first lady, senator, and secretary of state. On the contrary, many questions weren't questions. Rather they were accusations. Accusations over material over which she'd previously been found innocent or worse, not even involved in the process. It was more about democrats getting republicans to defend their behavior for the eighth time.

If you don't think this was an attempted political lynching maybe you should just look at what Wolf Blitzer did to Lincoln Chafee just before he withdrew from the race. That type of inquisition, more or less, appears to be what Republicans tried to do when they accused rather than questioned Hilary. You probably see no problem with either given your standard of generalized information lite posts.

I like the way that Clinton was associated with Michael Corleone, thus giving her actions a nefarious undertone without having to go through the trouble of making any actual claims which might then need to be backed up.

So you think truth matters, do you? Well then, let's take a look at the latest hearing:

One new and appalling fact reveled during the hearing was that her employees (the ones she cares about) in Libya made about 600 requests for better security in Benghazi, all of them unheeded by Hillary Clinton. Hillary said with respect to those communications, “Well, Congresswoman, one of the great attributes that Chris Stevens had was a really good sense of humor. And I just see him smiling as he’s typing this.”

Mike Pompeo walked Hillary through the security requests quarter by quarter and he asked Hillary to explain the difference between her treatment of Sid Blumenthal, whose emails always arrived in Hillary’s in box, and her own diplomatic personnel who didn’t have similar access (she had no official email address) and apparently were unable to bring any of 600 requests for help to her attention?

Her answer...well, Sid is a friend so that's different.

Still, we don't know why. Perhaps because the election was approaching and Obama didn’t want to look like Bush, with fortified compounds and reliance on military personnel? Perhaps he wanted a light footprint consistent with his pacific preferences for leading from behind. Ergo, no "boots on the ground" reinforcement for the dangerously exposed State Department personnel in Benghazi.

In any case, it just provided another reason to conclude that a) Hillary has been lying and b) she is unwilling to admit she (and her boss) sacrificed lives to maintain political appearances.

:lol:

Poor Vince Foster has been discarded for the villainous Sidney Blumenthal as the KEY to bringing down the Clintons.

It's over Max, go home. You're acting like a Japanese soldier who didn't hear the war's over. It's very comical of you. But, remember, this isn't funny! Do you think it's funny?! It's not funny!

It's kind of funny.

You won't think it so funny when I grill you over the whereabouts of every single person who was in your office 3 years ago!!! :picking_a_fight:

(I remember exactly where I was on 9/11/2012, by the way. Courtyard by Marriot, Kapaa, Kauai. Second floor partial ocean view. Bathroom was small, but otherwise a great little hotel.)

Back
Top Bottom