• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Benny Hinn admitted to hospital with heart problems

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
My cousin had a lifelong problem with her kidneys—had two transplants.

She was a Christian believer. She and my uncle decided to go see Benny Hinn for healing.

Well, it worked.

For one day.

Then she got sick again and stayed that way until she died.

I'm sure you can imagine what is my opinion of Benny Hinn.

I hope he dies.

Yeah. I saw a documentary about him (I think it's on YouTube) and it showed this parallelized girl who got her hopes up and convinced her mom to take her to see Benny. She was convince she would walk again. You can guess how that turned out.

Let's just say Benny Hinn performed as many miraculous acts as Paul did and leave it at that.

No he didn't.
Wait.
I think you're on to something.

Last edited:
I hope he dies.
Eh.
I wouldn't WISH him dead.
But i may laugh for quite a bit if he does die and it turns out that he likely could have been saved if he'd turned to professional medicine a lot earlier...

I certainly can't wish any more strongly that his reputation dies a painful death as a result of this incident. In fact, i think that's what i'd wish for. That he pulls through, but only because of heroic efforts on the part of his doctor, and he lives for a long time as an exposed fraud....

I hope he dies.
Eh.
But i may laugh for quite a bit if he does die and it turns out that he likely could have been saved if he'd turned to professional medicine a lot earlier...

I certainly can't wish any more strongly that his reputation dies a painful death as a result of this incident. In fact, i think that's what i'd wish for. That he pulls through, but only because of heroic efforts on the part of his doctor, and he lives for a long time as an exposed fraud....

I agree. I would not dare to be the one advance my position anyway. I suppose his audience bears a certain guilt, but you can hardly fault people for hoping against hope in desperate situations.

Benny Hinn was a great admirer of faith healer Kathryn Kuhlman, who also died from heart problems. Kuhlman likewise relied on doctors and hospitals for her ailments. Not faith healing. Kuhlman was a role model for Hinn.

Kuhlman likewise relied on doctors and hospitals for her ailments. Not faith healing.
One of my AD&D DM's insisted that clerics could not heal themselves with spells or invocations. He did this not because he believed that a deity would want his direct representative to die, but to make the adventure more dramatic. Thus, our clerics were always loaded to the gills with healing potions, with the makings of poultices, and with a substantial amount of medicinal ale/mead/wine.

I could never understand why someone chosen by their skybeast for miracle healing would be immune to miracles. In my worlds, not only could the cleric perform self-serving magic, the very fact that healing power flowed through a cleric tended to keep him or her healthy. Casting a Cure Major Wounds on a party member kinda bled through to Cure Light Wounds on the cleric.

Kuhlman likewise relied on doctors and hospitals for her ailments. Not faith healing.
One of my AD&D DM's insisted that clerics could not heal themselves with spells or invocations. He did this not because he believed that a deity would want his direct representative to die, but to make the adventure more dramatic. Thus, our clerics were always loaded to the gills with healing potions, with the makings of poultices, and with a substantial amount of medicinal ale/mead/wine.

I could never understand why someone chosen by their skybeast for miracle healing would be immune to miracles.
Because that is the price of heeling powers. It isn't that unexpected seeing that'd be the first question of a skeptic. The key to apologetics is to remember, you probably aren't the first person to have asked that question... and by 1000 years.

I hope he dies.
Eh.

I hope he gets cured at the hospital and that his doctor pulls a John Lennon at him: "So, I guess this means I'm a greater doctor than God", with a wide smile, granny eyeglasses and a Liverpudlian accent.

I hope he dies.
Eh.

Guys like Benny Hinn don't drink their own kool-aid. I am sure that he is more aware than anyone that faith healing is a fraud. He is just in it for the money, and he probably turned to professional medicine at the first sign of trouble. He may have paid a premium to keep it on the down low for as long as possible, though.

I could never understand why someone chosen by their skybeast for miracle healing would be immune to miracles. In my worlds, not only could the cleric perform self-serving magic, the very fact that healing power flowed through a cleric tended to keep him or her healthy. Casting a Cure Major Wounds on a party member kinda bled through to Cure Light Wounds on the cleric.

He probably read too much Robert Jordan. The Ai Sedai in his Wheel of Time series could not heal themselves (if they could heal at all), but they also did not get their power from any god, but rather from the One Power (kind of like the Force).

Kuhlman's final illness was in Tulsa Oklahoma, the city where Oral Roberts had his church. She apparently didn't believe Roberts could heal her, which caused a lot of wisecracks from her critics at the time.

I'm not saying git would be funny if he died. But f he were hit by a bus going to a clown convention and there were over sized shoes and red noses everywhere, they would be funny.

Don't forget the wind up dentures.

Hinn's clients actually believe this crap so how much of a shit is he? He's selling Santa Claus to adults is all. Is he out there like these other people who preach hate? His really is a clown show where people believe the clowns are real, and not actors in costume.

Back
Top Bottom