• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Betsy DeVos' NeuroCore Quackery

She likely doesn't actually believe the quackery. Far worse, she, like most Republicans and conservatives supports corporations profiting off of lying and engaging in fraud, and making sure the government doesn't allow the ripped-off and often seriously harmed and sometimes killed consumers have any legal recourse (yes killed: a person led to believe in a fraudulent cure for a dangerous ailment is less likely to seek real treatment and thus can die).

I don't know. DeVos strikes me as a true-believer.

She likely doesn't actually believe the quackery. Far worse, she, like most Republicans and conservatives supports corporations profiting off of lying and engaging in fraud, and making sure the government doesn't allow the ripped-off and often seriously harmed and sometimes killed consumers have any legal recourse (yes killed: a person led to believe in a fraudulent cure for a dangerous ailment is less likely to seek real treatment and thus can die).

She is certainly dumb and irrational enough to be a true believer, but she is already a true believer in the far dumber idea of God. She's a hardcore anti-science creationist. Her type of evangelism doesn't seem compatible with giving the brain (rather than the "soul") as much credit for impact on human thought and action as NeuroCore assumes. While NeuroCore is quackery, it's basic assumption of the importance of the brain still seems too close to actual science for DeVos to truly believe in it. Also, remember that she bought her position by using her wealth to help Trump win Michigan, and she got that wealth from her husband who was the CEO of one of the biggest scam companies in history, AMWAY. In sum, I agree that she's dangerously stupid and believes in utter nonsense, but I bet this instance is more about the fact that she's also an immoral scumbag who harms people for personal gain. IOW, she's much like the maggot that appointed her.

...in capitalism and the unregulated market.

Back
Top Bottom