• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden needs to do something

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
I'm sorry. I know a lot of people want to support Biden and what he is doing, but you can't sit back and let someone attack you. He has to go on the offense. Voters need to be deployed. Lawsuits need to be initiated.

I'm sorry. I know a lot of people want to support Biden and what he is doing, but you can't sit back and let someone attack you. He has to go on the offense. Voters need to be deployed. Lawsuits need to be initiated.

Exactly what is he going to sue about? Votes are being counted. His team has lawyers ready to fight every legal action by Trump. And I have no idea how he would deploy voters.

He’s being presidential. Maybe you don’t recognize it because you haven’t seen it in four years.

Problem is, Trump WANTS a legal war. That's the only way he can create enough dust to obscure the specious nature of all his own legal pursuits. Biden needs the courts to uphold the voters' will in any event. If the only action on the legal front continues to be case after case after case brought by Team Cheato and summarily thrown out, I think there's a better chance of resolution by the Dec 8 deadline.

Exactly what is he going to sue about? Votes are being counted. His team has lawyers ready to fight every legal action by Trump. And I have no idea how he would deploy voters.

He’s being presidential. Maybe you don’t recognize it because you haven’t seen it in four years.

Cosigned.

Exactly what is he going to sue about?

First, the stoppage of vote counts. Sue the fucking pants off them for trying to do it. Cease and desist orders. Second, look for irregularities and sue to change stuff. That is what Trump is doing. He's taking ancecdotes, some real and some unreal, and trying to undo them. Biden needs to also do this or suffer. This is like when Bernie had recanvassing in Iowa. Buttigieg and others followed suit and also recanvassed where bad data quality was not in their favor. You can't improve data quality just in areas you cherry-pick and expect a fair result. So Biden has to do the same thing. Sue.

Votes are being counted. His team has lawyers ready to fight every legal action by Trump. And I have no idea how he would deploy voters.

That is why the Democratic Party is failing. Trump has a cult team of followers on social media. We do not have a large team of people, organized to fact check and organized to talk about fascism etc. We just have assumed institutions will be intact or that fairness will prevail. So, YES, voters need to be organized and do something!

No, I am saying the best defense is a good offense. Trump is going to win if nothing is done.

You guys can expect me to be a lunatic for the next 2 weeks.

I am worried, very worried. I still think Trump is going to win because of his shenanigans and I think people should be preventive and proactive, not merely reactive to stop it.

Everyone is anxious. There's some truth is what you are saying. Nothing is to prevent Biden from doing exactly what Trumpo and his goons relish if that needs done. Right now it doesn't need done. Let the brownshirts run around with their torches.

First, the stoppage of vote counts. Sue the fucking pants off them for trying to do it. Cease and desist orders. Second, look for irregularities and sue to change stuff. That is what Trump is doing. He's taking ancecdotes, some real and some unreal, and trying to undo them. Biden needs to also do this or suffer. This is like when Bernie had recanvassing in Iowa. Buttigieg and others followed suit and also recanvassed where bad data quality was not in their favor. You can't improve data quality just in areas you cherry-pick and expect a fair result. So Biden has to do the same thing. Sue.

Votes are being counted. His team has lawyers ready to fight every legal action by Trump. And I have no idea how he would deploy voters.

That is why the Democratic Party is failing. Trump has a cult team of followers on social media. We do not have a large team of people, organized to fact check and organized to talk about fascism etc. We just have assumed institutions will be intact or that fairness will prevail. So, YES, voters need to be organized and do something!

No, I am saying the best defense is a good offense. Trump is going to win if nothing is done.

But right now there's nothing he can do. He doesn't want the counting to stop in PA and GA as he might win. He could say stop the counting in AZ and NV where he's ahead but that makes no sense - especially since his lead has widened in both of those states. The ball is in Trump's court to do something and he just has to defend. It's much easier to defend. in the last 20 years, no recounts have worked. Trump can shout fraud all he wants, but he has to have some evidence of such and he has none. So it's easy to defend a case than it is to make one.

About the only thing he should do is ensure that protests are organized to counter any trump protesters. We don't want Trumpsters the only ones out there trying to intimidate the recount. The way to stop that is to go down there and be prepared to counter any of their shenanigans.

What about investigating Florida? Why was Florida so fast? I mean, we're talking Florida here...

and Biden did very well in polling...

Why were they done so soon?

Biden can't do what Trump does better than Trump. It would be a waste of time, effort, and money to start throwing a bunch of lawsuits around. The Biden campaign was prepared for the firehose of fury from Trump at the prospect of losing this election. They have mounted legal defenses where necessary, and Biden has been careful to project an image of calm leadership as his lead in the electoral college leads inexorably to a victory. I think it likely that Trump will eventually result to unprecedented legal challenges against certification of votes by the few states that he is targeting, and Biden's team of lawyers has prepared to meet those challenges. When you are winning the game, you don't go for the Hail Mary pass.

I expect that Trump will next start to fire everyone in sight that he suspects of the slightest disloyalty. Ironically, that may make it easier for Biden to install a more effective team eventually, but it is likely to take him months to restaff departments that have been decimated and demoralized by Trump's incompetence.

What about investigating Florida? Why was Florida so fast? I mean, we're talking Florida here...

I believe they counted the mail in votes when they came in, Pen didn't start until election day. Big mistake. If there is massive cheating, it will be found out, one has to wonder if the Pen vote is out of wack with the mail in votes of other states. If so,,,,,why?

I believe they counted the mail in votes when they came in, Pen didn't start until election day. Big mistake. If there is massive cheating, it will be found out, one has to wonder if the Pen vote is out of wack with the mail in votes of other states. If so,,,,,why?

That was part of Trump's deliberate strategy. He used the tendency of Democrats to avoid exposure to CV19 and mail in their votes. So he sabotaged postal deliveries and started a campaign of trying to undermine confidence in that method of voting. Then he urged his followers to vote on election day in person. It worked in that the in-person vote showed him winning Pennsylvania by a huge margin, allowing him to try the tactic of disrupting the counting process. That failed, but he realized he stood to lose Pennsylvania in a fair vote. At this point, ALL of the votes are mail ballots, which heavily favor Biden. Most returns, even from remaining votes in Republican districts, have Biden winning about 70% of the vote. It is 90% in Philadelphia. There is no outstanding vote left where Trump can make up for the erosion, as Biden inexorably catches up.

Hey! Back off buddy! My home state is the shizzle, my nizzle. I admit we have issues, but at least I can buy as many fire arms for my home as I want without needing a permit or license. I can also have as many as I can safely carry in my vehicle without a permit too. All that, the BEST beaches, Disney & Comcast Universal biotch! Just stay off Interstate 4 and it's all gravy.

The Cubans are to blame for Florida.

I believe they were allowed to start counting earlier than many other states.

Nevado though. You'd think they'd have people there that know how to count.

Suggesting that Biden do "some thing" suggest that the author has had little or no exposure to the rules of civil procedure in any jurisdiction much less the suggested best practices.

I am not a lawyer but I have had some experience as a claims manager and litigation supervisor so I have some failurity with these issues.

First the plaintiff files the suit against the defendant.
Second the defendant is served with a copy of the petition and a summons to answer the petition.

When the defendant receives the suit with the summons the defense is assigned to defense counsel who refer the suit to determine what answers and procedures are appopiate.

The fist issue is to determine if the service of process is correct. Many times suits are erroniously filed against the wrong defendent or served incorrectly.

If the suit is served incorrectly then the appropriate response to that issue is not file file responsive pleadings with out waiving the right to file responsive pleadings on the plaintiff's pleading.

The next issue is to determine if the court where the suit has been filed has jurisdiction over the defendant and the issues pleaded.

If there are no issues as to jurisdiction on over the defendant and the pleaded issues the responsive pleadings will be filed which may include a coulter claim.

When the Plaintiff receives the counter claims the Plaintiff - defendant on the counter claim will repeat the steps outlined above on the counter claim.

Nhe next issue will be motions rearding various legal issues raised in the pleadings foloowed by discovery.

Discovery consists of filing interrogates (questions in writing that the opponent has to answer in writing followed by depositions of the parties and expert witness.

All of this takes time.

The defendant in this case is the state's where the issue is being litigated so Biden and the democratic party may not have standing to intervene.

BTW: The answerer date on a law suit is often 20 days or more so that is likely to be after the election is completed.

Then there are the issues of appeals all the way up to the state supreme court and then the federal supreme court.

They do. They just keep pausing at 16.... "So, what y'all wanna-"
"Keep counting, Carl."
"Dammit! 17, 18, 19..."

They do. They just keep pausing at 16.... "So, what y'all wanna-"
"Keep counting, Carl."
"Dammit! 17, 18, 19..."

And then they put it all on black.

Biden, today, ...

is going to tap Republican and Democrat leaders to say the election process is legitimate.

I don't know who, but if he's able to get all the living, previous Presidents to stand side by side on this that would really make Trump look bad to a lot of conservatives.

Back
Top Bottom