• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bill Maher offers Trump $1B to Resign

But that amount of $ would be a campaign finance violation.

It's not campaign finance. They'd be paying him not to campaign. They money would go to him, not to his campaign.

The post you lifted that comment from was replying to this, not the OP:

"I have a billion dollars. I will give it to the Democrat Nominee unless you resign."

Giving $1 billion to the Democratic nominee absolutely would be a campaign finance violation.

Excellent, Mike Pence will be in charge.

Pence couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were on the heel. He'd get nothing done, but he also wouldn't do nearly as much batcrap crazy stuff. And if he decided to run in 2020, he probably wouldn't even get the nomination.

Right, but whoever did get the nomination would likely beat whoever the Dems put up. Trump getting the nomination is the best chance the Dems have in 2020, which is why the impeachment is a dumb, self-destructive move. Trump's fanboys will vote for any GOP candidate to spite the Liberals who outsted him (either via impeachment or bribe), and a non-Trump nominee will bring many moderates and independents back to the GOP.

Excellent, Mike Pence will be in charge.

Pence couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were on the heel. He'd get nothing done, but he also wouldn't do nearly as much batcrap crazy stuff. And if he decided to run in 2020, he probably wouldn't even get the nomination.

Right, but whoever did get the nomination would likely beat whoever the Dems put up.
If that were the truth, the GOP wouldn't be acting the way they are. What does the GOP fear most? A defiant no longer President Trump who was "betrayed" by the GOP... and ordering his supporters to boycott the Federal Election. Trump scorches the Earth with anyone that doesn't tow his line, regardless whatever they had done before (see Cohen).
Trump getting the nomination is the best chance the Dems have in 2020, which is why the impeachment is a dumb, self-destructive move.
It'd be hard to survive a GOP President resignation, especially if it takes down the AG and SoS as well.

I think it qualifies as blackmail. Do what we want or we will do something to harm you professionally.
The fact that there are too many people for the state DA to prosecute doesn't make it legal.

Isn't voting for a politician's opponent "doing harm to them professionally"? So expressing the terms under which you would vote for a candidate is blackmailing them?

"If you push through a tax cut for rich people, and appoint conservative judges, and block immigration of brown people, I'll vote for you and donate to your campaign. If not, I'll donate to the other guy." If that's blackmail, half the country would be in prison.

right.. that is what I am saying.

But that amount of $ would be a campaign finance violation.

It's not campaign finance. They'd be paying him not to campaign. They money would go to him, not to his campaign.

The post you lifted that comment from was replying to this, not the OP:

"I have a billion dollars. I will give it to the Democrat Nominee unless you resign."

Giving $1 billion to the Democratic nominee absolutely would be a campaign finance violation.

I see my error. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom