• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Billionaire Koch Brothers Fund Campaign Against Police Militarization

The tobacco industry funds anti-smoking campaigns for children. Still doesn't make them the good guys. In fact they even use clever subconscious marketing which contradicts the overt anti-smoking message. I would need to see the Koch marketing campaign before I assume they actually want a better less militarized America.

The tobacco industry funds anti-smoking campaigns for children. Still doesn't make them the good guys. In fact they even use clever subconscious marketing which contradicts the overt anti-smoking message. I would need to see the Koch marketing campaign before I assume they actually want a better less militarized America.

Why? I assume that cigarette companies want to smoke cigarettes. But the Koch brothers are Libertarians/Objectivists. They are descendants (literally and figuratively) of the John Birch Society.

So is it your argument that the reason they fund legalizing marijuana is to keep it illegal, the reason they fund gay marriage is to keep it illegal, and the reason they fund against police militarization is to keep up police militarization?

Perhaps they know they are so hated that any position they take will automatically be opposed and they're engaging in reverse psychology.

I also found this interesting.

Liberal Super PAC Tries To Defend Taking Soros Money While Bashing Kochs

The leader of a prominent liberal super PAC on Wednesday defended taking money from billionaire George Soros while simultaneously condemning conservatives for benefiting from the fortunes of the Koch Brothers.

During a Twitter exchange Wednesday, Brad Woodhouse of the Soros-backed American Bridge 21st Century argued that it is okay for his group to accept money from liberal billionaires because, unlike the Koch Brothers, these donors are “not looking to screw the middle class to enrich themselves.”

Why is it surprising that two wealthy POS's are not completely irredeemable?

When you do a lot of things that harm many people and a few things, probably for PR, to help a few people, is the scale balanced?

So is it your argument that the reason they fund legalizing marijuana is to keep it illegal, the reason they fund gay marriage is to keep it illegal...
So their attempt to support marijuana and gay marriage was to give lots of money to very conservative Republicans?

And of course the ecomentalists hate the Koch Brothers because of their involvement with the Keystone XL pipeline.

And misogynists love them for their last name.
Then I guess misandrists hate them for the same reason. :rolleyes:
What is funny is that you throw out the name calling and then when the table is turned you get all rolly eyed.

- - - Updated - - -

Billionaire Koch Brothers Fund Campaign Against Police Militarization

Those evil Koch Brothers are at it again! They donate money for gay marriage, then marijuana legalization, and now this!

They are Libertarians, so we should be surprised that they are supporting Libertarian ideals?

The problem with the Koch brothers lies in their attempts to buy our entire political process, disenfranchise voters, and deregulate absolutely everything.
They don't believe in liberty, they want the Government to have no power to be involved in their workings. Isn't that different from being a Libertarian? They want rule of the Corporation.

What is funny is that you throw out the name calling and then when the table is turned you get all rolly eyed.
Yours was stupid whereas radical environmentalists (aka ecomentalists) do in fact hate the Koch Brothers because of their involvement in the oil business in general and the (very sensible and necessary project) Keystone XL pipeline in particular.

Yours was stupid...
Ah... so you like your name calling, but not mine?
...whereas radical environmentalists (aka ecomentalists)...
Radical? You do realize what hyperbole is, right?
...do in fact hate the Koch Brothers because of their involvement in the oil business in general...
Aren't they gas guys?
...and the (very sensible and necessary project) Keystone XL pipeline in particular.
You say everything is about Keystone XL. You act like it is the only pipeline ever designed in the US and it will solve America's dependency on oil and lead the Browns to a Super Bowl victory. Who is being radical?

They don't believe in liberty, they want the Government to have no power to be involved in their workings. Isn't that different from being a Libertarian? They want rule of the Corporation.

They do believe in liberty, especially the Libertarian brand of liberty, which allows everyone, including businesses, the liberty to dick over whomever they choose in whatever manner they choose without government interference.

The problem with the Koch brothers lies in their attempts to buy our entire political process

You mean like Soros?

I mean like anyone who is trying to buy our political process. Why do you automatically assume I am a Soros fanboi because I don't like what the Kochs are doing to our country? Big money needs to get the fuck out of our politics, period. I don't give a shit which billionaire is doing it, if it is not stopped we are all fucked. First the people get fucked, then when the people finally figure it out, the billionaires get fucked and the whole house of cards comes tumbling down. It's lose-lose, those billionaire fuckers just don't care because they think that they have already won, and the losing won't happen until they are dead and gone.

Back
Top Bottom