• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Billionaire Koch Brothers Fund Campaign Against Police Militarization

And apparently one of them is kind to dogs and his mother. That probably makes the plutocracy they want OK.

When you do a lot of things that harm many people and a few things, probably for PR, to help a few people, is the scale balanced?

Why would you assume these things are "for PR" when they are perfectly in line with their ideology.

If it wasn't for PR we wouldn't know about it.

So any reporter who writes a story about it and any internet forum user who shares that story is on their payroll.

This is a neutral issue with the Koch Bros. They have their own PRIVATE SECURITY FORCES. They don't need no stinkin' cops with their stinkin' badges. They buy all the protection they want. They can see a possible danger in these military cops to their own interests. They really have no interest in how it affects the public. I agree these militarized cops ought not be, but that still does not make me a hearty Koch supporter.

If it wasn't for PR we wouldn't know about it.

So any reporter who writes a story about it and any internet forum user who shares that story is on their payroll.
How does the reporter hear about it?

The organizations they contribute to are allowed to keep contributions anonymous. You are not required by law to tell anyone you are contributing to efforts to reduce the militarization of the police.

So is it your argument that the reason they fund legalizing marijuana is to keep it illegal, the reason they fund gay marriage is to keep it illegal, and the reason they fund against police militarization is to keep up police militarization?
No my argument is I don't trust the Koch brothers to do anything in the public's best interest. If they do something that appears to be for the public good I assume a possible counter motive or in the best case scenario they are simply doing it for PR.

Back
Top Bottom