• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Blade Runner 2049

couch_sloth

Basic Beliefs
Atheist (weak)
I'm a big fan of the original movie.
I just assumed this sequel would be disappointing, as so many of them are.
But the reviews are looking pretty good, so far.
I'm getting kind of excited about it. :)

Gonna have to go back and watch the original again, it's been so long.

Is there a particular version of the original film I should try watching. I think I was watching a director's cut version and the film was just so flat and uninteresting. I know people are crazy about the film, so I want to give it another shot.

Is there a particular version of the original film I should try watching. I think I was watching a director's cut version and the film was just so flat and uninteresting. I know people are crazy about the film, so I want to give it another shot.
My favorite version of the film is the first one I saw at the theater. That is, the one with the film noir voice-over narration. I know a lot of people don’t like that version. A lot of people didn’t like the film when it came out, its reputation sort of grew with time. If I remember correctly, it was one of the first films to do a director’s cut and since that version came out, that’s the one most people have seen.

My favorite version of the film is the first one I saw at the theater. That is, the one with the film noir voice-over narration. I know a lot of people don’t like that version. A lot of people didn’t like the film when it came out, its reputation sort of grew with time. If I remember correctly, it was one of the first films to do a director’s cut and since that version came out, that’s the one most people have seen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Blade_Runner

Just got back from seeing the film. I'd give it an 8.5/10 ...Despite having a couple plot holes.
I think they did an excellent job of recapturing the universe the first film was set in.
I don't want to reveal too much of the story. Mild spoilers:

I love how the did the hologram Las Vegas acts.
I think they did some interesting things with the high-tech street advertising portrayed in the film, e.g. It reinforced the idea of a different reality and at one point it presents and important plot element.
Oh and Gaff is in a rest-home :)

Back
Top Bottom