• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bothered About AD&D

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
Someone reminded me of Patty Pulling and BADD.

She was quoted as saying that the game
D&D uses demonology, witchcraft, voodoo, murder, rape, blasphemy, suicide, assassination, insanity, sex perversion, homosexuality, prostitution, satanic type rituals, gambling, barbarism, cannibalism, sadism, desecration, demon summoning, necromantics, divination and other teachings.

I'll buy the demonology. At some levels we used to summon demons just to kill them for experience points. And necromancy, raising zombies to confuse the Watch during crimes.
And blasphemy/descration. We were always pouring holy water on evil altars to weaken the evil priest's evil powers. (and pouring unholy water on the good shrines, as long as the Paladin was busy tending her horse or praying her prayers).

I don't, however, remember the game ever USING sexual perversion. There was no table for it, and no space on the character sheet (there was, of course, the random orgy encounter table in the BatWinged Bimbos From Hell expansion pack, but that was for a different game, not AD&D).

Did anyone ever actually USE sexual perversion, or homosexuality as part of their game play?

I actively discourage my players from using the game as a substitute for a sex life. That they play instead of having sex is one thing, but to play at sex is another. For example, when one of the players develops a friendship with an NPC, I leave such things out of gameplay, and tell the players they can imagine the relationship being of any sort they please.

Back
Top Bottom