• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bringing back US industry - Why wouldn't this work?

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2020/01/18/remarks-on-the-us-china-trade-deal/

Basically PCR suggests the solution is to get rid of the tariffs and tax corporations based on employment. Build everything in the US and corporate tax is low. Build it in China and the tax rate goes way up. A lot way up.

Why wouldnt this work? Someone like Sanders could pick this up and lure a lot of Trump voters to his side. It would be a very populous move in any case. And it might actually succeed bringing back jobs.The

Basically PCR suggests the solution is to get rid of the tariffs and tax corporations based on employment. Build everything in the US and corporate tax is low. Build it in China and the tax rate goes way up. A lot way up.

Why wouldnt this work? Someone like Sanders could pick this up and lure a lot of Trump voters to his side. It would be a very populous move in any case. And it might actually succeed bringing back jobs.The

You're thread is so American ethnocentric! Why do you assume that everyone wants to only sell in the US? 2/3 of my sales are exports, mostly to Europe. Of course I need some overseas workers. Secondly, there are some components that are not manufactured in the US. There are some raw materials that aren't found in the US. There is some work that Americans don't know how to do. Or there are too few of them trained.

You're thread is so American ethnocentric! Why do you assume that everyone wants to only sell in the US? 2/3 of my sales are exports, mostly to Europe. Of course I need some overseas workers. Secondly, there are some components that are not manufactured in the US. There are some raw materials that aren't found in the US. There is some work that Americans don't know how to do. Or there are too few of them trained.

As opposed to your post which is extremely you-centric.

I'm customer centric. You can't successfully sell to foreigners (with different tastes and customs) and be self centered. I want to build the best product for my customers. But yea, my company would be in a lot of trouble under laws created by Rvose. However, so would many other export minded companies.

The trouble America has are computers and efficiency. Many people are not working lots of old jobs not because the US isn't producing anything, but because we have streamlined processes with computers, automation, and efficiency. The US produces more than we ever had, and is doing so with a greatly reduced workforce. RVonse's soln just ignores the greatest cause of American manufacturing job losses and wants to pretend that jobs can be manipulated back into the US by ignoring the true causes of the jobs disappearing.

You want more manufacturing jobs in the US, make machines illegal.

Fake vomit, at this point, is unregulated. Some of what's out there isn't texturally accurate. Until we have sensible legislation and oversight (I suggest the Dept. of Agric.), this won't improve.

Fake vomit, at this point, is unregulated. Some of what's out there isn't texturally accurate. Until we have sensible legislation and oversight (I suggest the Dept. of Agric.), this won't improve.

Agcric would be good for fake poop. They know from shit. But they know shit about vomit.

You want vomit experts, go with the dept. defense. They have soldier and sailors barfing up liberty ports all around the world. Plus North Atlantic runs, painting the bulkheads with the stuff.

Agcric would be good for fake poop. They know from shit. But they know shit about vomit.

You want vomit experts, go with the dept. defense. They have soldier and sailors barfing up liberty ports all around the world. Plus North Atlantic runs, painting the bulkheads with the stuff.

Elect people in charge who don't understand the supply chain and there will be plenty of shit and barf to go around for all!

Elect people in charge who don't understand the supply chain and there will be plenty of shit and barf to go around for all!
Well, hell, we have elected people writing laws who don't understand the legal system, and there's plenty of poop 'n shit already.

PCR isn't saying that, he's saying to tax corporations based on the difference between labor costs.

PCR isn't saying that, he's saying to tax corporations based on the difference between labor costs.
So, if you save X by building overseas... and get taxed y on X... unless y is a rather gargantuan tax rate, yX << X. While this could help provide funds to help displaced workers, I can't imagine it'd change much of anything... especially after accountants are done with the numbers.

So, if you save X by building overseas... and get taxed y on X... unless y is a rather gargantuan tax rate, yX << X. While this could help provide funds to help displaced workers, I can't imagine it'd change much of anything... especially after accountants are done with the numbers.

I agree. Before anything like that has a chance you have to get rid of corruption. Good fucking luck on that one. And isn't corruption naturally controlled by the free market anyway?

Back
Top Bottom