• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Calculus, Real numbers, Continuum, Change...

Speakpigeon

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Rationality (i.e. facts + logic), Scepticism (not just about God but also everything beyond my subjective experience)
Calculus is the kind of mathematics that is the most effective science. Calculus is a way of representing continuous change as composed of an infinity of infinitesimal changes. Calculus is applied to physical properties capable of change such as location in space, degree of humidity in the air or a circuit’s electrical resistance. These properties are thus described as continuous variables with Real numbers for values. These values are particular Real numbers, not intervals of Real numbers and not only Rational numbers.

Would you rather nitpick on that or endorse it?
EB

Calculus is the kind of mathematics that is the most effective science. Calculus is a way of representing continuous change as composed of an infinity of infinitesimal changes. Calculus is applied to physical properties capable of change such as location in space, degree of humidity in the air or a circuit’s electrical resistance. These properties are thus described as continuous variables with Real numbers for values. These values are particular Real numbers, not intervals of Real numbers and not only Rational numbers.

EB

First learn calculus and how it is applied to actual problems before talking about real numbers, infinitesimals, and intervals.

For example not all variables are continuous in the real world, they can have discontinuities. All covered in basic calculus. Real numbers are are subset of complex numbers with an imaginary value of 0. The second half of calculus is multivariable calcus and complex numbers.

Calculus applies to linear continuous and discrete digital variables.

The OP is too simplistic. Do you want to discuss infinities yet again?

Do you know what the first two derivatives are?

First learn calculus

You are being needlessly moronic.

I did learn calculus, and much more.

So, what are you going to say now?!

and how it is applied to actual problems before talking about real numbers, infinitesimals, and intervals.

See above.

For example not all variables are continuous in the real world, they can have discontinuities.

There are no variables in the real world. Variables are mathematical abstractions.

All covered in basic calculus. Real numbers are are subset of complex numbers with an imaginary value of 0. The second half of calculus is multivariable calcus and complex numbers.

Sure. And that's all irrelevant to the OP.

And so as the OP says it applies to continuous quantities.

The OP is too simplistic.

You're the expert here as to simplistic posts.

Do you want to discuss infinities yet again?

Why not, if need be.

The derivatives of which function?

I guess the best way to describe you is "bilious". You want to lecture but the scope of your expertise is extremely narrow and basic. And you are narrow-minded and resentful. Not much to talk about then.
EB

I did learn calculus, and much more.

So, what are you going to say now?!

and how it is applied to actual problems before talking about real numbers, infinitesimals, and intervals.

See above.

For example not all variables are continuous in the real world, they can have discontinuities.

There are no variables in the real world. Variables are mathematical abstractions.

All covered in basic calculus. Real numbers are are subset of complex numbers with an imaginary value of 0. The second half of calculus is multivariable calcus and complex numbers.

Sure. And that's all irrelevant to the OP.

And so as the OP says it applies to continuous quantities.

The OP is too simplistic.

You're the expert here as to simplistic posts.

Do you want to discuss infinities yet again?

Why not, if need be.

The derivatives of which function?

I guess the best way to describe you is "bilious". You want to lecture but the scope of your expertise is extremely narrow and basic. And you are narrow-minded and resentful. Not much to talk about then.
EB

From past history I probably should not have posted on this thread. We have no basis form communication.

From past history I probably should not have posted on this thread. We have no basis form communication.

The reason is simple and for all to see. I'm open to debate. You're not.
EB

Back
Top Bottom