• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Can any book test faith as much as the Bible?

So you say that those structures with huge stones are evidence that giants existed - and the main reason you believe there were giants is because the Bible says so?
The bible says there are angels too. Is the mention of giants more incredible than angels?
The Bible also seems to suggest the earth is flat... that also isn't evidence that giants existed.

Well, there's a big difference between, 'seems to suggest a flat earth' and, the literal mention of giants (and angels), that is literally described in context of having existed.

Big things like those constructions goes along with giant narrative in the bible. So yes, that is one explanation .... just as the bible says so.
Are there any archaeologists that say that giants helped create huge structures? If that is historical then they should say that.

Ah, glad you noticed. There IS no history about these structures. It's missing from the current idea of conventional human history knowledge, which henceforth is an 'unknown,' that can't be taught in any academia curriculum.

If it were the case, like some Christians believe, there were never any huge giants, would that test your faith in God?
Like some Christians believe, is interesting come to think of it. Not met any yet, but I suppose there must be some out there.
I'm saying some Christians don't believe there were huge giants in the past. I thought that would be widespread amongst those who believe in evolution.

As I previously mentioned: I have never met any Christian personally, who said "giants never existed". To be fair I never actually asked that question. Now, Christians like many of the regular church goers on Sundays, like our aunty Doris - I would assume, probably wouldn't know what to make of the idea of giants (for them, Jesus would be the main focus here). I haven't heard a preacher either, who preached against believing in the notion that giants existed', which would be intriguing to hear.

Test in my faith of God? There are many thousands of denominations; AND each of them, don't doubt their faith in God! The only issues of testing faith would more likely be about varying doctrines/ statements between different denominations.
I'm asking about what if there were no huge giants, like mainstream science would believe?

Yes, well in order for me to entertain your theoretical, I'd have to ignore Moses's who wrote about the giants, and ignore Jesus who validates Moses and his writings. It would be better of course, to try and prove Jesus and Moses never existed as the mythicists are trying to do. Then there'll be much doubt among the Christians about their belief.

Anyway. I'll entertain the theoretical thought and ignore Jesus & Moses to answer your question.

Ok, yes I see now... if there were no giants, (and no Jesus) my faith would "definately" be tested. :)

The Bible also seems to suggest the earth is flat... that also isn't evidence that giants existed.
Well, there's a big difference between, 'seems to suggest a flat earth' and, the literal mention of giants (and angels), that is literally described in context of having existed.
The Bible has many verses about the earth having ends and being able to see much/all of the surface of the earth at once - but no verses that suggest that the earth is a ball. BTW what do you think about Genesis 1 when it seems to say that plants were created the day before the sun, moon and stars?
Big things like those constructions goes along with giant narrative in the bible. So yes, that is one explanation .... just as the bible says so.
Are there any archaeologists that say that giants helped create huge structures? If that is historical then they should say that.
Ah, glad you noticed. There IS no history about these structures. It's missing from the current idea of conventional human history knowledge, which henceforth is an 'unknown,' that can't be taught in any academia curriculum.
So is there any other evidence for giants besides the Bible and the structures that have no history?

The Bible has many verses about the earth having ends and being able to see much/all of the surface of the earth at once - but no verses that suggest that the earth is a ball. BTW what do you think about Genesis 1 when it seems to say that plants were created the day before the sun, moon and stars?
So is there any other evidence for giants besides the Bible and the structures that have no history?
Learner is saying that he believes whatever the Bible says. He doesn't care to actually go out and verify Biblical claims, he is happy to accept them as true because he believes the Bible to be infallible. Whether giants actually existed or not is not important; he believes they existed because the Bible says so. He doesn't even understand that Moses is a fictional character and that there is no evidence that he actually existed, much less knew about giants. So even if someone were to present Learner with indisputable evidence that giants have never existed, he would not be swayed from his beliefs. Just as when Learner is presented with indisputable evidence that the Biblical flood never happened, he continues to believe that it did. His brain has been corrupted by his faith, and he is unable to process any information that contradicts his faith based beliefs.

In some respects the experiences humans have of "angels" is in fact better documented than giants.

It is a fact that some (many? Most? All?) humans have a strange quirk in which they can be triggered to experience the development of perception of eyes erupting from surfaces or suddenly manifest geometric shapes in their perception so adorned.

I'm not going to go into any details on what function such an oddity in the human mind may represent or perform, but it is an internal phenomena, and the commonness of such perceptions leads me to believe that I am not the only one who has perceived them.

For me, I know it was perceived as a function of using drugs and is a part of my own neurology, not some supernatural phenomena and identifiably as such because I understand enough about neural networks to understand how that can be.

Back
Top Bottom