• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Carry ON David Crosby - RIP

I was also a CSNY fan back in the day, and saw them at the Palace of Auburn Hills. It's sad to see these old musicians go, but there is still good music to be found in the land of the living.

The guy was a great singer and songwriter, but he sure had his demons. Which is why I was a bit shocked to find out years ago that Melissa Etheridge used him as the sperm donor for her kids.

He also did some of the song writing on Paul Kantner's "Blows Against The Empire" album. He was a science fiction fan.

As I said before, we're getting to the age where the big ones of our youth will be passing.

I'm listening to an excellent NPR show focused on Crosby right now.

Also Beck.
Great show.
Tom

Wow, you're very good.

John Fugelsang was a friend of DC's and highly recommended the above documentary. I would bet he would love a print of your drawing.

Wow, you're very good.

John Fugelsang was a friend of DC's and highly recommended the above documentary. I would bet he would love a print of your drawing.
Thanks. I'm a Fugelsang fan so maybe I'll try to share it with him.
One of my favorite CSN songs..."too many people have died in the name of Christ for anyone to heed the call..."

Wow, you're very good.

Thanks. I'm a Fugelsang fan so maybe I'll try to share it with him.
JF is a regular on the Stephanie Miller Show. He told lots of stories about DC.

He's actually going to be a guest today in the studio. I'm sure he'll bring up the subject of Crosby. I don't know if you'll see this in time but the show has already started and runs until noon eastern. Watch on her website or Facebook.

I think I was 15 when I spent the summer with People in Montecito who lived right down the street from the Crosbys. Mr Tamborine Man broke that summer, and I was thrilled to meet David - a really old guy. Had to be 25 or something. But I was in awe nonetheless. He was polite and acknowledged me, then went about his life and ignored me when I saw him a couple if times later that summer.

Fast forward 25 years or so...
The very last time I took acid, ca 1981, was at the inspiration/dare of Michael Clark, The Byrds' drummer (iirc he was with Rick Roberts and Firefall at the time), and kind of an outcast. But boy, did he have stories to tell about DC!
About a half hour after we both dropped the acid, we were hanging around the studio, I was faced away from him (we were the only two people there) and I heard growling behind me "mmmrrrrr I think it's coming on!" I turned around, and there was Michael standing there with a crazy expression, waving a gigantic kitchen knife. Funniest thing I'd ever seen.
Anyhow, through the late 60s and early 70s, Byrds and CSN&Y were my ideals in composition, arrangement, lyrics and overall texture; to some extent they still are.

I have the David Gilmour at Pompeii 2018 Bluray. David Crosby, Stephen Stills and David Bowie accompany Gilmour on some songs.

Back
Top Bottom