• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

CFI sues CVS (pharmacy chain)

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism

The Center For Inquiry is suing CVS for mixing homeopathy quack cures alongside real medicine, which creates confusion for the consumer.

Good. It's about time someone did this.

Assuming this group can make its case, what do you think CVS's defense would be?

Homeopathy should be banned at regional government level, as they've done in the UK, and preferably federally. It is dangerous woo. It should certainly NEVER be prescribed.

CVS's defense could be...

It's harmless...after all, it's just (sugar) water, so we can keep on selling people profitable comforting lies.
We believe it works. Even though all evidence done in actual research shows it is completely ineffective - no better than background or placebo.

Oh no! If they win, I'll have to find another source for my Heal-All(tm) Healing Magic Elf Boogers! Say it ain't so!

A pediatrician suggested one homeopathic thing, but didn't say it was homeopathic. Daughter was probably 2ish which meant homeopathic was the only thing she could take because it was harmless and useless, and probably just told us as a placebo for the parents sake.

My wife had purchased the product, and when I looked at the back to see what was in it, I saw those weird units and realized what it was, and told her we needed to return it. I was set back a little that it was suggested in the first place.

And yeah, Homeopathic stuff should be sold in the same part of the store where CVS sells bibles.

- - - Updated - - -

Homeopathy should be banned at regional government level, as they've done in the UK, and preferably federally. It is dangerous woo. It should certainly NEVER be prescribed.

CVS's defense could be...

It's harmless...after all, it's just (sugar) water, so we can keep on selling people profitable comforting lies.
We believe it works. Even though all evidence done in actual research shows it is completely ineffective - no better than background or placebo.
Not before I make a fortune selling homeopathic soups.

I'm gonna start a black-market business selling homeopathic poison, one molecule of arsenic to ten billion billion billion of water, for those who want to rid themselves of unwanted spouses. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom